• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can leather seat parts be ordered?

If I wanted to replace a single part of the leather seating surface on my NSX seat, could that particular part be ordered, or would the entire seat need to be replaced? I seem to remember a discussion of this, but I can't seem to find it now. BTW, a new NSX seat lists for $4300.

I checked this out yesterday as a matter of fact I had the NSX in for an oil change at Acura of Brookfield and asked the parts guy the same thing. He said you can order the Leather in pieces I was thinking of replacing my Seat Cushion so they come in three different sizes he said starting at $57 which is not that bad. The only thing you need to do is find an Upholstery Shop to do it and I'm not sure what that would cost.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Originally posted by MYNSX:
4,300.00 FOR 1 SEAT!!!!!ARE THEY ON CRACK!You can re-leather the entire seat for a few hundred dollars.

no, their drug of choice is crystal meth.

------------------
Xane Ze

4,300.00 FOR 1 SEAT!!!!!ARE THEY ON CRACK!You can re-leather the entire seat for a few hundred dollars.

I'd check again, I've checked several reputable places and the lowest quote I've received is around 1,200.00 per seat...One said that the NSX seats are "the most complicated seats to recover (he's) ever seen".

Can someone point me in the right direction to do this in So Cal? I've been wanting to get my driver's side Ivory seat done and the 1 place I called wanted $900 bucks and I figured that the $ would be better spent on light racing seats. I haven't felt like doing either one so I still have to drive around with the tear.

If you can ship your seats call these guys.

Auto Tailers INC
St. Peters, MO
636-477-8770

I had my drivers side bolster done, I also have the ivory seats, the color match is perfect and the workmanship is first class. I know shipping may suck but they do great work and the price to sew in the offending panel $110.00, smile on my face priceless.

I have no interest in this business, bla...bla...bla standard disclaimer.

Originally posted by Gaymond Lee:

Can someone point me in the right direction to do this in So Cal? I've been wanting to get my driver's side Ivory seat done and the 1 place I called wanted $900 bucks and I figured that the $ would be better spent on light racing seats. I haven't felt like doing either one so I still have to drive around with the tear.

Gaymond, All- My guy in Phx, The Top Shop, does complete NSX seats for about 600., or he is very happy to replace just the individual panels that need replacing. He has done the side bolster and two adjoining pieces on at least a dozen NSX and Legend seats for me for 375. to 400. which includes cleaning and re-dying the parts he does not replace. The seats look absolutely like new and mine were done three years ago and still look new. With about 30 k miles on them.

Cheers,
Mark

So how many of us have parts that were formerly on that car, Andie? I know I do...
biggrin.gif

more details on "upgraded" OE inserts ?

mandrewz said:
You can order the seat inserts from Acura but it takes forever to get them. I waited over six months to get new Zanardi inserts, and they are quite expensive.
How much??
mandrewz -- did you get your Zanardi inserts, and can you give us an idea of the cost?

I was thinking of getting RED perforated inserts (seat cushion and backrest) from the new car, and putting these on my black seats. Alternately, the Zanardi inserts (perforated black nubuck) would be cool too.

I have heard that the older model seats cannot be ordered in pieces any more, only the whole seat.

reupholster Leather Ivory

My brother had his seats done (ivory) nsx at my friend shop for around $1000 both seat. Real leather.

101 Auto Upholstery
Oxnard, CA 93030

805-483-1200

Contact Person: Tony Jr.

Hope that helps,
Danny

Back