• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can we talk Clutches?

Did you ever upgrade to the OSG clutch? My Carbonectics Triple Carbon is starting to feel soft, so I'm also looking.

No, I went with the HMG12SD Exedy twin clutch that I got new from Coz.

There's a few reviews on it here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/199982-Exedy-twin-organic-clutch-who-s-running-it

How much torque do you have? I'm supposedly right at the torque limit of 425 ft-lbs at the wheels. Only a few thousand miles with this torque though.

I have 10k miles on the SOS dual carbon.

OEM pedal effort.

ONLY issue is that the engagement off the line is more like a racing clutch. Takes a little getting used to it. Not a clutch I would recommend up the hill.

A little bearing noise when depressed but once its engaged it's quiet.

My RPS/SOS twin carbon clutch was great too except for engagement from a stop. Light pedal pressure, weighted just right, quiet... just shuddered too much for me. Of course, I had it on a transmission that had about 125k miles on the original input shaft bearings and they may have been too worn. I replaced them when I went to the Exedy.

No, I went with the HMG12SD Exedy twin clutch that I got new from Coz.

There's a few reviews on it here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/199982-Exedy-twin-organic-clutch-who-s-running-it

How much torque do you have? I'm supposedly right at the torque limit of 425 ft-lbs at the wheels. Only a few thousand miles with this torque though.

In regards to torque, I'm not sure. I have the dyno sheets somewhere. It's a CTSC high boost setup, and the Carbonetics Triple Carbon has about 85k miles on it. I was happy with it, but was recently told that Carbonetics folded :frown:. I'm about 15k miles from my 300k mile service, but I don't want to wait that long [late 2019]!

I have been using the OS Giken Racing Clutch for a few months now. It is definitely lighter and quieter than RPS/SOS twin carbon clutch. Highly recommend this to any high powered nsx.

Do you still like this clutch ? Which model OS Giken did you install ?

Do you still like this clutch ? Which model OS Giken did you install ?

Sorry for the late reply, I have not been on prime for years. I am using the OS Giken Sports clutch. Love it. Very light pedal feel and releases better than the RPS clutch that i had previously.

Back