• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can You Help Us!--Lets Show Some Solidarity!

Author Topic: Any Help??-Most Greatly Appreciated-Lookout?!
mmoore518

Cool Newbie

posted October 14, 2001 08:22 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A new 2000 NSX-T was stolen from an admired fellow poster & the following info. should be broadcast to any NSX sites we are all active in to try to benefit from the solidarity we all share to help our fellow comrade---read OK Michael
Just returned from New England to night.
My 2000 NSX-T was stolen from my garage here in Burien Tuesday in the early morning October 2nd. It was Monaco Blue a new color for 2000. The VIN is JH4NA1269YT000016.
It had an alpine cd changer in the trunk I installed. It also had chrome wheels. The left side wheels had been lightly scraped on a low curb. I can't think of any thing else as the car was stock except for the wheels being chrome plated.
Thanks
Dean Allstrom)---Sincere Thanks to all who can help in any way-worldwide-towards info. regarding this majestic automobile.
------------------
[email protected]

------------------
[email protected]

Author Topic: Any Help??-Most Greatly Appreciated-Lookout?!
mmoore518

Cool Newbie

posted October 14, 2001 08:22 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A new 2000 NSX-T was stolen from an admired fellow poster & the following info. should be broadcast to any NSX sites we are all active in to try to benefit from the solidarity we all share to help our fellow comrade---read OK Michael
Just returned from New England to night.
My 2000 NSX-T was stolen from my garage here in Burien Tuesday in the early morning October 2nd. It was Monaco Blue a new color for 2000. The VIN is JH4NA1269YT000016.
It had an alpine cd changer in the trunk I installed. It also had chrome wheels. The left side wheels had been lightly scraped on a low curb. I can't think of any thing else as the car was stock except for the wheels being chrome plated.
Thanks
Dean Allstrom)---Sincere Thanks to all who can help in any way-worldwide-towards info. regarding this majestic automobile.
------------------
[email protected]

IP: Logged

mmoore518

Cool Newbie

posted October 14, 2001 07:53 PM
Re: Hope you really want your Monaco Blue back-instead of ins.check!
Date: 10/14/2001 11:39:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time
To: EVANDEAN2

with just a few paste & copies I've sent info to the majority of the world re: your loss-odds are a little better than what the police indicated as to the return--just hope you'd rather your car back instead of ins. check to cover loss-- stolen NSX's are often not treated with the reverence deserved! Sometimes it may almost be a crapshoot as to the ACV of either...If you feel strongly one way or another ---let me know now as there are another 100-250 world wide sites dedicated to NSX's- I can access all if you'd like-to be devils advocate-you may recover your new NSX with $55,000 ACV damage-then it's a negotion(sometimes-read:-FIGHT as to whether you want full ACV value check or 50 grand worth of repairs on YOUR NSX!?) mmoore518 Re: Hope you really want your Monaco Blue back-instead of ins.check!
Date: 10/14/2001 1:38:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time
To: MMoore518

Michael
Thank you for your help.
I am not sure I want the car back unless it was found locally with minimal damage. (yeah rite).
I don't think I want the car back if it has for example 50k damage or missing parts. I think I would try to reach a fair settlement with the Insurance co. if possible. I will fight for what I think is fair though. I may buy a used one instead of maybe another new one. I would still want an automatic for one thing.
I may even elect to purchase some other brand and or style. I am paranoid that if I were to buy another one or for example a Porche, Ferrari, or such I would be waiting for it to be stolen to. I keep thinking maybe I will buy a 76 four door Cadillac. But then it would probably be stolen and end up as low rider some where.
The one thing that really bothers me is how they got the car. Is it possible/likely that somebody at the Sacramento dealer where the car originated at or the Fife Washington dealer where I bought the car or the South Seattle dealer I have had service the car had a key and maybe an alarm remote made, kept track of the car with future plans. Maybe connections with the so called Russian Mafia? Of course someone could easily have spotted it as I drive it a lot around the area and could have just followed me home for location and targeted the theft at a later date. It also bothers me that the immobilize function is so easily by passed. I am told by the dealer the chip is under the passenger seat and the it can be replaced by a chip from a 1999 or older then can hot wire the car. Dealer says that would take them 2 hours. So not likely they would be in my garage that long. However the most likely scenario appears to be they forced the breakage of the steering column lock then on the console used a small screwdriver or key to depress the release mech. that frees the shifter to be taken out of park and into neutral then push out of the garage and on to a truck down the street.
All these things make it difficult to feel safe from theft of another one and Oh how I like this car.
Thanks again Dean

Any posters on the board have ideas? Looks as though we're talking an automatic--didn't know that! Should be much easier to pinpoint?>?!

------------------
[email protected]

------------------
[email protected]

That is really unfortunate depending on how it all works out in the end. If you never see the car ever, ever again and it's on some boat half way across the ocean your probably in really good hands. The insurance company will take 4-6 weeks to process the claim, after which they will write you a check (and you can negotiate to that end)

Because of the difference between what you may have actually paid for the NSX and sticker- you very well could end breaking even or perhaps even making money on the deal even after all things are considered (tax, wheels, etc..) in which case I guess you could go check out those 2002's

Worst case would be that car shows back up in the next few weeks with minimal damage from a nice joyride or perhaps stripped down, etc... and your underwriter doesn't consider it a complete loss.

Let us know how this one turns out, I'm sure there are quite a few people that would like to know how this situation will play out after its all said and done.

That stinks. Hope it works out as well as possible. If they haven't found it by now, it's probably on a boat.

Hey Lud who deleted the post I made last night??? It should have been before Ravetek's as it was right after Michael's.

Michael - I'm really sorry and upset to hear about this happening to Dean. It really does suck. I'll private Dean with my other questions and try to help.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I had my '94 stolen, and I am hoping that my '98 will fair better. I was speaking to the head of the parts department at the Acura dealership, and he claimed that the "chipped" cars were impossible to steal. He said that some, that were attempted to be stolen, had their interiors trashed, out of spite, when they couldn't be started.

Originally posted by hejo:
Hey Lud who deleted the post I made last night??? It should have been before Ravetek's as it was right after Michael's.

I may have inadvertantly deleted the wrong message. I was deleting a bunch over a slow connection so I may have gotten ahead of myself. Sorry about that.

You also might want to check with salvage yards. It is possible that your car will be cut up for parts to repair other cars. You could track down cars that are being repaired and see if they are using your parts. I can not even imagine how you must feel. What a total violation it is to have it taken right out of your garage. If the car was not visable from the street, I am sure it was planned.

Given how few NSX's are on the road, I doubt that there's much "chop shop" business (stealing NSX's for the parts).

I will certainly keep you posted. Also I want you to be sure and know I appreciate all you and other NSXers have and are doing.
I have no idea how the insurance company is going to handle this. First the told me to contact me after 20 days which will be Oct 22, 2001. I am sure this will take some time as I live in Seattle as you may know. I will be in Palm Springs for two weeks starting Nov. 3rd.. I have never been in this position with stolen car with an insurance co. but have had two industrial plants burn and had to negotiate with them. I am not looking to make money but do want a fair settlement. I will not turn down a profit though. I will probably but another new one. I have considered other makes in my mind but darn I sure like the NSXs.
Thanks again to all
Dean Allstrom Seattle
Go Mariners..... ;-)Subj: Seattle Mariners?? Oh Brother-after all that effort to help!- ; )''' ---->
Date: 10/15/2001 8:20:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time
To: EVANDEAN2
Right-click picture(s) to display picture options

Now it looks like we're down for BATTLE! -- I've worked closely with the Braves for years going back all the way to the good old days w/t Dione Sanders, Fred McGriff,
Dave Justice, Terry Pendleton, --let's see--I've listed a couple of me old Braves Brethren- (while I could go on & on-I wouldn't want to sound like the obnoxious name-dropper--then theres Mike Stanton, Coach Bobby)-: ))LOLOL!!
The Game just ended & looks like we'll be at the opposite sides of the field as I've lived in Atlanta & worked with all these guys in the past on Hondas & NSX'S forever(falcons also)-Got seats where I have to ask the Ted to scoot over a little so I can get a better view. chuckkle!. You ought to fly to Atlanta (via Delta!), watch the series-(unfortunately for you the Braves will probably sweep it ) then just R & R your lost baby with my like new 99' Red/BL 6 speed as I'd much rather give it to you than back to Acura as my lease is up in a couple of months--& I need a new 2002!! Probably the best road trip you ever had going through the Blue Ridge with the open Targa! DEAN! there you go --no such thing as problems-- ONLY solutions!! & I'd be sure you got one of those "brother in law" good-guy deals!! So Great! When can I expect you??!! (called the assumptive close) Got It? Think about it & we'll talk at Ya'--Michael Moore

------------------
[email protected]

Originally posted by Lud:
I may have inadvertantly deleted the wrong message. I was deleting a bunch over a slow connection so I may have gotten ahead of myself. Sorry about that.

No problem Lud I thought maybe something else was going on. Also I got a hold a Dean another way and am contacting some people in my area to be on the look out.

Originally posted by steveny:
... I am sure it was planned.

Absolutely no doubt after talking to Dean via email it was planned by pros. I contacted the port authorities here in Portland as we have a huge shipping port for cars. I didn't get a great feeling they gave a shit.
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by hejo (edited 15 October 2001).]

Back