• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CANCELLED! Wednesday July 16th 2008 Kid's Day at the Glen

Since the forward calendar is filling up, this is the must attend for the entire NSX community, this year we need to have over 20 cars. I plan on coming up on Tuesday afternoon, going out to dinner with all of those that can make it and taking the kids for their annual NSX Treat. This year I hope to have my Assistant with me, a very special young woman is currently fighting this insidious disease for the 3rd time in 4 years. As everyone who has attended this event can tell you, the kids get so much out of this, but we get so much more. Go back and look at RSO's article in NSX Driver from last year for a great story and pictorial. Let's start the list now:

RPM217
RSO
Peter Mills
Jalnjr
The Don/Original Don
Drifter
David & Susan
Larry B & Sunshine
Lunchman
Tytus
Ron & Ginnie
Madbox
Clem and Joey B (leaving home on 7/7/08 to arrive on time)
GSommer
Climberao
Doc John
Pooh (The Original Carla)
Dad of "Drifter" (not a NSX but will have "Drift Potential" :) )
Oldduffer
RichN001 (AKA LostBoi)
Red (coming from Canada no NSX but sill good!)
Dennis (PA)
Gene & Marji
Joe L +1
Larry G
SteveNY (360 Spider, former NSX owner and still frequent poster especially on the stock market !)

Maybe:
TigerNSX

Last edited:
Re: Wednesday July 16th Kid's Day at the Glen

TheDon and the original Don will be there!

Let's shoot for 25 cars. This is why we do this........

174475772_VLTJu-L.jpg

174475829_ffVLc-L.jpg

174486989_Zsbue-L.jpg

174487019_kdL3f-L.jpg

And don't forget about the smiles of the "big kids"...........

174593529_R9WYS-L.jpg

175032885_tUw3C-L.jpg

i'm in....
fyi, the dinner & overnite tuesday is
an added delight.
stay here... http://www.longhouselodge.com/
:smile:

Susan and I are planning on swinging by from the sunny South. Is there a prize for the longest distance?:biggrin:

If you bring your NSX you get to put smiles on the Kid's faces, isn't that prize enough????:wink:

I'm in, hopefully Stephanie will join us too:)

LarryB

Typically with you it has been a new engine...........

LOL, newest engine:wink:

It's on my calendar. After seeing all the smiles you brought to these kids faces last year, it's a must attend.

I am going to try to make it. I have a hellacious work schedule but this event seems worth while to try a work around. What is the time schedule for the event and Tuesday night?

Regards,

Tytus

What is the time schedule for the event and Tuesday night?

We try to start dinner around 7 on Tuesday evening to allow enough time for those of us tracking our cars to get sufficient sleep for the following day (as well as allow enough rest for the newbies to be sharp with the kids in the cars).

Wednesday's schedule depends upon how early you want to come by the track to get acclimated. Parade laps generally start around 10ish and the kids are usually there before 11. We take the kids and counselors for laps through 12ish and then have lunch with the kids.

Non-track rats usually get on the road about 3:30ish depending upon how organized we are in getting hot lap rides for our guests. Only open trackers may bring passengers for hot laps and we do our best to make sure all willing participants have a chance to go for hot laps. The track rats are staying that night also but there usually is at least one caravan leaving from the track wednesday afternoon.

Ginnie and I will be there:biggrin: :biggrin:
Alright everyone, the cleanest car competition at the Glen is now over, and the winner is.....................................

Ron, Again!!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I think we might have a new winner this year, A new paint job, 3M clear bra,new fancy wheels, and if he put that signature NSX luggage in the trunk I'll have to give up the title. Looking forward to seeing everyone:biggrin:
Ron

I've petitioned for that wk off so we'll see.

I can arrange to have you subpoenaed to NY for that week if you want.....

Thats' what seperates Lawyers and doctors in College,the ability to spell subpena corectly!:tongue: I hope to join in for this and the run up the river.

Thats' what seperates Lawyers and doctors in College,the ability to spell subpena corectly!:tongue:

And after college the only thing separating lawyers and doctors is the ambulance I am chasing.......

I'll definetly be going.

NOTE: I'll be going a lot slower this time. I don't want to employ Gary again.:biggrin:

Hi Guys & Gals,

I plan to attend the Kid's Day Classic. It was a very warm heart felt experence.

Joey B. & Clem B. will both be there in two Red cars:smile: :smile:

If you bring your NSX you get to put smiles on the Kid's faces, isn't that prize enough????:wink:

Last year I got a reserved parking place courtesy of Peter M. And, I got to keep the sign reserving the spot. As for the new or newer engine, I really don't want to go for a newest one. I will be taking up a collection for those who wish do donate ahead for my next one :biggrin:

Last year I got a reserved parking place courtesy of Peter M. And, I got to keep the sign reserving the spot. As for the new or newer engine, I really don't want to go for a newest one. I will be taking up a collection for those who wish do donate ahead for my next one :biggrin:
If I remember the sign correctly, after you blew your engine, you used the sign to replace the soiled ones that you were wearing!:eek:

Back