• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cantrell Concepts Endura-Lite Exhaust System

We are proud to debut our new Endura-Lite Exhaust System. This system is based on exhaust flow testing as a part of our header development. The key goals of the system were compact design and light weight without sacrificing the durability to stand up to long term use, even supercharged.

We have made several key improvements over comparable designs available before today:

Durability:
One of the major improvements over comparable exhausts is the use if heat tempered ceramic wool. Other systems use less expensive fiberglass wool which we have found with time disintegrates and does not hold up to the heat of forced induction systems. The system is manufactured from full stainless steel components including every flange, pipe, canister, and tip. The pipes are mandrel bent and hand TIG welded. The exhaust is produced in the USA where we can guarantee material quality and workmanship consistency.

Drone:
We also addressed a common complaint with other comparable exhaust systems by reducing the drone associated with high performance small muffler designs. A special lightweight tubing was used that is lighter than standard exhaust systems yet slightly thicker gauge that comparable systems reducing the drone produced from harmonics of this type of design.

Fitment:
By using carefully manufactured jigs built from the factory exhaust, we are able to guarantee fitment. Both flange fitment and tip fitment in the rear valence has been improved over comparable designs. In addition, our flange design is also unique in its slotted design. While more expensive to produce, this eases installation due to variance in various aftermarket header designs.

Performance:
The system uses a unique cross over chamber that allows the exhaust pulses entering from the front and rear cylinder banks to equalize with out turbulence from an X or H pipe. The exhaust uses 2 3/8" piping to maximize flow.

The system produces an exotic baritone pitch that adds a unique sound to the NSX enhancing its exotic nature. After more than a year of research and development, we're excited to release an exhaust that we feel is at the pinnacle of design, materials, and workmanship for the NSX.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0075 es.jpg
    IMG_0075 es.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,285
  • IMG_0078 es.jpg
    IMG_0078 es.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0069 es.jpg
    IMG_0069 es.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 5,465
  • IMG_0079 es.jpg
    IMG_0079 es.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 2,371
  • IMG_0072 es.jpg
    IMG_0072 es.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,135
will this be for all years? also, since you said you developed it with the headers do you possibly have a dyno before/after with this and the headers (since i am most interested in your headers anyway...)

Looks promising.

Price?
Availability?
Weight?
Dyno graphs?

I was wondering when this would pop up, beautiful finish! I cant wait to hear it on my nsx :D

Is this the one Chris @ SOS has had me waiting for for 6 months? He has been saying it would be better than the GTLW.

Price?
Availability?
Weight?
Dyno w/different headers & stock manifolds?
Distributor?
Warranty?

Echo on what everyone else is saying about it's resemblance to the GTLW. Interested in hearing more specs and a sound clip.

I really hope you're selling it through ScienceofSpeed...

Echo on what everyone else is saying about it's resemblance to the GTLW. Interested in hearing more specs and a sound clip.

I really hope you're selling it through ScienceofSpeed...

thats where mine is coming from :biggrin:

Hi Chris,

Any chance you have a sound clip available? How does it sound compared to the medium pitch GTLW? Is it higher or lower?

Yes, this is the exhaust I've been telling you about!

You can find it here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/Endura-Lite

We'll have new media to add in the next week or so.

We have the 1991-1996 and 1997-1999 models in stock. 2000-2005 availability should be in about 2-3 weeks.

take care,
-- Chris

Last edited:
Yes, this is the exhaust I've been telling you about!

You can find it here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/Endura-Lite

We'll have new media to add in the next week or so.

We have the 1991-1996 and 1997-1999 models in stock. 2000-2005 availability should be in about 2-3 weeks.

take care,
-- Chris

Awesome Chris. Dyno graphs would be very helpful as well.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the 02+ rear valance which means my trusty old ANytime exhaust won't work. This might be the right solution for me as I like the Taitec unit but hate the drone.

It would be silly for anyone to pay the same price with a original one (GTLW)
R&D already accomplised by Taitec... so what kind of R&D are we talking about here?
Atleast be honest about it for once... Almost every Cantrell products are copies. This trend starts to disgust me...
my penny.

R&D already accomplised by Taitec... so what kind of R&D are we talking about here?
Atleast be honest about it for once... Almost every Cantrell products are copies. This trend starts to disgust me...
my penny.
+1

The weight listed for the Eurolite is 25.8lbs, the original Taitec GTLW is listed at 16.1lbs.

The quality does look very nice, but the price is not. Replica should cost less than original unless it is made out of more expensive material such as titanium imho. From a buyer perspective, yes, it looks fantastic, probably a really good buy without the wait and hassle.

Original means you created it. Like art, anyone can draw a nice copy, but coming up with original idea or drawing is significantly more difficult. Copying is easy, creativity is hard. I deal original one of kind hand paintings in which even the original artist who did the original can not paint two painting that match 100%. It can come close, but not match 100%. Try to sign your name twice and compare the proportion and lines. Pretty hard huh.

my penny.

+1 here as well...

It took over a year to come up with this design, materials, etc ? You guys are working as hard at this as OJ is looking for his wife's killer! :smile:

Wow, I thought I was the only "knock-off" police on prime:biggrin:

Nah, I'm sure there are some major differences between Cantrella nd Taitec. Perhaps the Bore size?

On first pass, it seems like it's 8mm larger diameter piping from the SOS website.

Also, there seems to be a weight compromise made to either reduce or eliminate the drone reported in the GTLW system.

Whether or not the price is justified with whatever development cost incurred, is irrelevant since we do not know how many revisions the parts had to undergo and how many rounds of testing were involved.

The exhaust platform for Cantrell (both headers and exhaust) from my observation seem to be based on the Taitec systems with incremental improvements. The Taitec system on steroids, if you will.

It is up to you as a consumer ultimately if you want to support the business by purchasing their products.

Personally, I think a drone free version of the Taitec Center Exits with optional inserts isn't a bad thing.

--
George

On first pass, it seems like it's 8mm larger diameter piping from the SOS website.
It is incorrectly listed on the site. Both CantrellEnduralite and GTLW have same exact diameter piping. Of 60mm piping diameter/90mm tail outlet diameter.

11309exhaust.jpg

Back