• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Capristo Exhaust

In regards to my previous enquiry of this Capristo Exhaust system w/ valve control.

Found here http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106662

They have agreed to build the exhaust as soon as Fall 2008. They haven't even agreed to build one for the Porsche GT3 club guys yet after the GT3 guys saw that they made one for the Cayman S and wanted one for the GT3. So this is going to be an exclusive deal for the NSX group.

Also, is this something everyone would like to see built before they agree on a group buy? I know there are a lot of impulse buyers out there but if no one has any intrest at all I am planning on asking Capristo to send me the muffler units and valve control parts myself and fab/test it in the U.S. and ship it back to Capristo to build the production unit to their specifications and quality.

Last edited:
I think to decrease the R&D cost would be great idea. Especially your product is not a $20 part; you will see a lot of people saying they are interested but then will never send out the $$ when you have it finished.

...you will see a lot of people saying they are interested but then will never send out the $$ when you have it finished.

This is true. Welcome to the world of NSX owners. You will get lots of people saying "interested", "want it", and many others telling you how they would want it designed differently. Do this, do that to the design, then, when it's done, most of those "interested" buyers seem to disappear.

So you guy's think i should just build one for myself then whenever somebody wants one they'll just have to special order it? If thats the case than i bet capristo is going to mark the price up more than likely.

So you guy's think i should just build one for myself then whenever somebody wants one they'll just have to special order it? If thats the case than i bet capristo is going to mark the price up more than likely.

its a quality mfgr, if there was a product people could see, and hear samples of, it would be much easier to commit to a group purchase. I think you will need to produce one, perhaps your sample, in order to show what layout you're going to end up with, and what sound you're going to achieve.

I think some people might have a hard time purchasing an exhaust that they've never seen or heard. Nobody really knows how it will be on an NSX even though it did sound nice on that porsche.

Dang you beat me John ..lol.

Last edited:
This is true. Welcome to the world of NSX owners. You will get lots of people saying "interested", "want it", and many others telling you how they would want it designed differently. Do this, do that to the design, then, when it's done, most of those "interested" buyers seem to disappear.

hah. you guys haven't dealt with 86 owners... you dont' even know the HALF of it.. The NSX community has less flakers.. love this community.

This would be the best route for less headache for you. Capristo exhausts are not inexpensive normally. Couple the cost w/ the VERY FEW people who would actually committ to maybe buying it and you will spend more of your time than it is worth. The NSX exhaust market is pretty saturated already; unlikely there is much money in it.

someone modded a 360 exhaust onto their nsx, I'm sure an exhaust shop can mod a capristo for stradales on a nsx :eek:They cost around 6k

Last edited:
someone modded a 360 exhaust onto their nsx, I'm sure an exhaust shop can mod a capristo for stradales on a nsx :eek:They cost around 6k
Funny you should mention it. I had the exact same thought and was thinking of going that route last year. But i decided to go for a GT-One F1 exhaust since i had no guarantee what i would end up with if i put a Capristo on the NSX.
The GT-One F1 system on the other hand i knew what i would get.

Currently i can pick on up for 5k and was thinking of capristo sending me only the muffler, tips, electronics, and tune it myself

I think thats a lot of money to invest in a 360 exhaust only then to find out it does'nt resemble the 360 signature sound. Gotta keep in mind we're dealing with two entirely different engines.

"Gotta keep in mind we're dealing with two entirely different engines"
Exactly..the Tubi on my Gallardo doesnt sound like a Tubi on an NSX they both have different engines and sounds...similar perhaps..

sound of the engine depends the most on the firing order and crank angle- 90deg vs. 180 deg.

Tunning/Sound will all be done by Capristo if we can get enough buyers. I doubt this will happen as it seems there is not enough intrested.

these units will cost the same as the gt-one or the arms-engineering versions. but, I assume this will never happen

I think thats a lot of money to invest in a 360 exhaust only then to find out it does'nt resemble the 360 signature sound. Gotta keep in mind we're dealing with two entirely different engines.
First one is my, the second one is the 360 exhaust.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dOwfNSmIFsY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dOwfNSmIFsY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think some people might have a hard time purchasing an exhaust that they've never seen or heard. Nobody really knows how it will be on an NSX even though it did sound nice on that porsche.

Dang you beat me John ..lol.

That cayman sounds GOOD

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pf7b9trCZLY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pf7b9trCZLY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back