• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car alarm install

Hey guys was wondering if anyone knows any reputable shops to install a aftermarket alarm system and keyless entry to my nsx. Would prefer the LA/OC area.

Nope haven’t found a place yet, I’m out of town for a few weeks I’m hoping I’ll find a quality place by the time I get back. If you find a good place let me know as well !

Hey, so I used a guy on Yelp (5 stars) who comes to your home and does the install there. A lot less expensive than the three 5 star yelp-rated shops in the area. He wasn't super familiar with the NSX, so it took him longer than he expected. He originally quoted me 3-4 hours and it took him about 5 (was at my house until midnight) for keyless entry, alarm and trunk pop. Super nice guy and really cares about his work though. I think if you had him do yours, it'd be a lot faster since he just did mine. His name is Ken and his number is 323.250.5725 -- tell him Riley referred you.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ken-s-stereo-and-alarm-los-angeles-2

was this a complete new alarm install and deactivate the OEM's?

how much per hour does he charge?

Hey, so I used a guy on Yelp (5 stars) who comes to your home and does the install there. A lot less expensive than the three 5 star yelp-rated shops in the area. He wasn't super familiar with the NSX, so it took him longer than he expected. He originally quoted me 3-4 hours and it took him about 5 (was at my house until midnight) for keyless entry, alarm and trunk pop. Super nice guy and really cares about his work though. I think if you had him do yours, it'd be a lot faster since he just did mine. His name is Ken and his number is 323.250.5725 -- tell him Riley referred you.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/ken-s-stereo-and-alarm-los-angeles-2

It was a new one-way Viper system. I just wanted keyless entry and trunk pop since mine didn't have it. It still has the stock alarm and that will go off if activated, along with the Viper alarm if that is activated.

I don't know what his actual hourly is, but he quoted me $75 initially (3-4 hour job) but that was without the trunk pop; he asked for $125 for the whole install but I ended up paying him $150 because he stayed so late and I felt bad. Besides the min I got quoted from shops was $200.

so the oem alarm would arm/disarm when you lock/unlock with the Viper?

just curious if you considered just wire the the Viper to the oem alarm since OEM has all the trigger points connected already, or if this option is even possible?

Thanks for the info.

It was a new one-way Viper system. I just wanted keyless entry and trunk pop since mine didn't have it. It still has the stock alarm and that will go off if activated, along with the Viper alarm if that is activated.

I don't know what his actual hourly is, but he quoted me $75 initially (3-4 hour job) but that was without the trunk pop; he asked for $125 for the whole install but I ended up paying him $150 because he stayed so late and I felt bad. Besides the min I got quoted from shops was $200.

No, they are separate... I just checked. OEM alarm gets turned off by sticking the key in the door. The Viper is with the fob. I didn't know I could have connected it to the OEM alarm, I would have told him to do that. Do you know for sure if that can be done? Cuz I'd have him come back and do that.

I don't really know much about the technical aspect of the OEM alarm. I was under the impression that it activates when the doors are locked via the key or remote? Does the oem armed when you locked the doors via the Viper?

I asked because i would prefer to add features such as keyless entry, shock sensors to the oem alarm instead of having 2 systems.

No, they are separate... I just checked. OEM alarm gets turned off by sticking the key in the door. The Viper is with the fob. I didn't know I could have connected it to the OEM alarm, I would have told him to do that. Do you know for sure if that can be done? Cuz I'd have him come back and do that.

I don't really know much about the technical aspect of the OEM alarm. I was under the impression that it activates when the doors are locked via the key or remote? Does the oem armed when you locked the doors via the Viper?

I asked because i would prefer to add features such as keyless entry, shock sensors to the oem alarm instead of having 2 systems.

Yes, the Viper system is spliced/wired into the existing wiring in the door so if the doors are locked, both alarms are active. The only difference is that you have to turn off the OEM alarm by putting the key in the door, whereas the Viper alarm can be turned off with the fob.

just to confirm.... you have to use the viper fob and also the key to disarm the viper and the oem alarms, 2 steps process?

Yes, the Viper system is spliced/wired into the existing wiring in the door so if the doors are locked, both alarms are active. The only difference is that you have to turn off the OEM alarm by putting the key in the door, whereas the Viper alarm can be turned off with the fob.

just to confirm.... you have to use the viper fob and also the key to disarm the viper and the oem alarms, 2 steps process?

I haven’t tried to see if they both go off simultaneously actually. We just tested them separately. Now I’m curious and going to ask him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI.......the LED light in the door can also be integrated into the aftermarket keyless entry/alarm system. ANY capable shop should be able to install an alarm in the NSX......."wiring" is no different than any other Honda.

Back