• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

car for the wife...

Hi guys! I was thinking of getting the wife a new or newer car. I feel bad because I'm driving an NSX and she drives a civic. (no offense to civics) She wants a sporty, auto, 2 dr, non convertable up to 25k. I was thinking of a 2000 Prelude but I hear the AT tranny sucks. An s2k would be really nice but they're all MT's I believe. 350z are too common imo. Maybe the RX-8? I havn't really heard much about them. I would really love to get a twin black NSX but that'll be expensive for me. Do you guys have any suggestions? What do your wives/girlfriends drive?

I'm biased, but how about a non-turbo 2nd Gen MR2? :) Although the Automatics are somewhat more difficult to come by, they are around. My ex-girlfriend loves hers and it would be about $10,000 tops for a 93+ non-turbo.

Last edited:
Get the automatic NSX for her. You can get one fairly cheaply, and they are still an NSX, so that is good. :)

kam3ham3 said:
Do you guys have any suggestions? What do your wives/girlfriends drive?

get a Mazda Miata (MX-5)...those cars are really fun to drive... :wink:

Here is what I would do. My girlfriend who loves my nsx has bad back. The perfect car for her is the 2002 accord coupe v6 automatic. lots of power and an amazing car. The older body style of the 98-02 is also more roomy and nice. Car has leather all the gadgets and best of all you can get them for around 18-19k if not call me I have a car broker who got me ours.

John

well,

the RX-8 in automatic form has alot less power. They detuned the engine, im guessing for more torque? but it has like 30 less horsepower, so i'ts not quit the performance car it is in manual form, so you might now be willing to live with higher insurance costs and poor fuel economy when it's not as sporty of a car.

The 350Z's are tearing up tires because of a chronic suspension issue that Nissan is not willing to fix. My recommendation is stay far away.

I dunno if you can find a year old G35 for $25K, but it's worth a look, I've seen a few people on these boards have a G35. Beautiful cars and to my knowledge doesn't share the suspension problem of the Z.

The new accord coupes are very nice, I sat in a top of the line with NAV, and well I was very impressed.

Miata, is a convertible, you said non-convertible, so .... ok guess not, lol.

What about a slightly used Lexus IS300? 4 door, but I'd buy it over a few different cars.

My personal favorite
Used Audi TT Coupe!!
One of the sexier cars you can buy, they introduced an automatic in 2003? i believe. Too bad manual isn't an option because you'd easily find a low mileage coupe under $25K with 225HP and quattro AWD. You could maybe find an auto, but it'd be newer so I dunno if the used car prices would have dropped into your range. Worth a look, cuz they're sexy.

Others
Acura 3.2 CL
Acura NSX of course, lol
Acura RSX
Mini Cooper
Used BMW 325ci or 330ci
Mercedes C230
2006 Eclipse? new model be careful, but i'd imagine chicks will love this one too

91BLACKANDBONENSX said:
Here is what I would do. My girlfriend who loves my nsx has bad back. The perfect car for her is the 2002 accord coupe v6 automatic. lots of power and an amazing car. The older body style of the 98-02 is also more roomy and nice. Car has leather all the gadgets and best of all you can get them for around 18-19k if not call me I have a car broker who got me ours.

John

Those have tranny problems too.

Don't discount the tsx although it has 4 doors it has a sporty ride.

Thanks for all the great replies guys. Makes me want to test drive some newer cars. After a lot of thinking, my wife would rather invest in a house. Gonna be expensive in the OC... :mad: :frown:

Back