• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CAR NOW RECOVERED: My '02 NSX (Yellow) stolen in PHX JH4NA21692T000015

Re: Alert! My '02 NSX (Yellow) stolen in PHX JH4NA21692T000015 without -T top

glad to hear it's back in one peice.

I did read that other "stolen nsx" thread which turned out to be a repo... made me wonder if his "stolen MB" from 3 weeks before that was also a repo.. I can't beleive some people are so stupid that they think "gee i've stopped payments.. now it's gone.. hey!! someone stole MY car!!!"

That's a great resolution to this thread. I hope the things you lost can be replaced.

What a amazing story. I'm glad you got it back!

Glad that this came to a good end.... now that you safed up yourself and your property, you can enjoy again your ownership....

Glad to hear you got it back!!!

Now get one of these...

100_0713.JPG

work's bell - same factory, same parts,
just different name label with a 2-3x price tag.

nrg lock saved my integra from getting stolen just a few weeks ago.

and shifty bob's nsx the first attempt.
unfortunately second time they were more persistent and followed him and just towed it when he least expected it.

I'm going to respectively disagree. The manufacturing process of works bell is far superior then other imitations I have seen. Granted, I have not seen NRG document their manufacturing process as thoroughly as Works Bell. When safety is concerned, I'm going to recommend Works Bell who put some serious R & D into their products. Their safety standards exceed even the ones set forth by ASEA. This is not just some antif-theft product. Works Bell completes the following testing:

* Material Hardness Test
* Material Tensile Test
* JASO C713 Static load bending test on steering wheel
* JASO C713 Static load torsion test on steering wheel
* JASO C713 Static load fatigue bending test on steering wheel
* JASO C713 Static load fatigue torsion test on steering wheel

With this piece of mind, I will gladly pay more for a genuine product. I have no idea what the replica companies are doing. Sorry to go off topic. :)

work's bell - same factory, same parts,
just different name label with a 2-3x price tag.

nrg lock saved my integra from getting stolen just a few weeks ago.

and shifty bob's nsx the first attempt.
unfortunately second time they were more persistent and followed him and just towed it when he least expected it.

Have you thought about parking it in the living room? After all, it is an NSX.:tongue:

I thought everyone parked their NSX in the living room. I guess I'm the only one other than Fonzie ....lol :tongue:

Glad to see the car is back....AND in one piece. :biggrin:

The car is getting new locks all around and Lojack with the feature that calls me immediately if it is moved without the presence of a Lojack fob.

The garage got all new remotes and new remote codes and new locks on the house. A video surveillance system goes in this week.

I'm embarrassed to say, but its the standard "lock up the barn now that the cows have escaped." But I just want to reduce the risk of anything like this happening again.

IIRC, all NSXs 95 and newer has factory LOJACK. My 96 got stolen and the police recovered in 2 hours (I gave them VIN # and they found that my car has LOJACK)
So yours is 2002 I would assume it has LOJACK. I think you should check with an Acura dealer to find out.

IIRC, all NSXs 95 and newer has factory LOJACK. My 96 got stolen and the police recovered in 2 hours (I gave them VIN # and they found that my car has LOJACK)
So yours is 2002 I would assume it has LOJACK. I think you should check with an Acura dealer to find out.

what?? Never heard that one????

I doubt this.......

:confused:

My 95 had LoJack papers in the packet with the owner's manual when I bought it, but I never followed up to see if it's really there.

The NSX doesn't come with LoJack, stealerships install LoJack in cars and then added a significant markup on it. Once it is installed in a car it can't be used in another vehicle so the potential buyer was stuck paying for it. When I bought a brand new 300ZX in 1990 the Nissan dealer tried to pull the same thing. I told them that it wasn't OEM and that I didn't want it. They gave it to me for free. One day when I decided to pull out some interior panels I found the Lojack unit and when it came time for me to sell the car I pulled it out thinking I could use it in my next car. When I called LoJack to try and register it they said it could only be used the car it was initially installed in so in the trash it went.

I found my Lojack box installed next to the antena motor location. So if you want to find out if your car has LoJack just look in there I assumed. I bought the car that way and the installation was very OEM like.

I found my Lojack box installed next to the antena motor location. So if you want to find out if your car has LoJack just look in there I assumed. I bought the car that way and the installation was very OEM like.

:confused: Now that you've announced to the world where your LoJack is located it's pretty much useless. I'd find a new location to hide it and not tell anyone where it is.

Back