• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CAR NOW RECOVERED: My '02 NSX (Yellow) stolen in PHX JH4NA21692T000015

A couple of weeks ago I bought a YELLOW OEM rear wing to paint Berlinetta Black as a spare on E-Bay from a guy in Baton Rouge, La. He SCREWED me on the shiping. Is there any way to tell if it might be yours?
I haven't unwraped it and have no intention on doing so until I can afford to have it painted. It had NO third brake light.
I got it for .01 but he charged me $90 for freight for 250 miles of distance.
Sweet revenge if it was yours.

Cheers
nigel

Re: Alert! My '02 NSX (Yellow) stolen in PHX

Wow! Do you know how they accessed the garage? Some time ago, a cop told me to remove the red pull release string since it makes it easy for a burglar to break the glass (if you have it like me) and pull on the string to release the garage door. I have a motion sensor in my garage and a few car jack safety measures in the car. Good luck finding her and we will keep an eye out.

Jeff

I'd like to find out how the thief got into the garage. Steve - can you shed some light on this, so the rest of us can take some precautions??

Re: Alert! My '02 NSX (Yellow) stolen in PHX

I'd like to find out how the thief got into the garage. Steve - can you shed some light on this, so the rest of us can take some precautions??

I would also like to know how they got in and able to drive away..

details please..

Glad you recovered your car. You may want to go with a GPS Viper system instead of Lojack. The Viper will track and locate your car via computer. You do not need the police to activate it for you. You can call Viper and have the car disabled. It can track anywhere on earth. Last I heard, Lojack used cell phone towers. Viper uses GPS. If the car is towed and the alarm is not triggered, I get a call on my cell phone, home phone and email that the car is outside its parked zone. The car calls me once a month with a status check. Jerry

Glad you recovered your car. You may want to go with a GPS Viper system instead of Lojack. The Viper will track and locate your car via computer. You do not need the police to activate it for you. You can call Viper and have the car disabled. It can track anywhere on earth. Last I heard, Lojack used cell phone towers. Viper uses GPS. If the car is towed and the alarm is not triggered, I get a call on my cell phone, home phone and email that the car is outside its parked zone. The car calls me once a month with a status check. Jerry

Sounds like the same thing to me. The Viper uses cellular as well. They both use GPS. I think the main difference is that the Viper uses the internet to show the car's location and seems more flexible. BUT according to this thread it has been discontinued. There are a couple alternatives mentioned in that thread however.

About a year ago, Viper switched its system from analog to digital. They sold me their updated system for about $200. I will check to see if real time tracking is offered. It is my understanding that is still part of their package. I will let you know. Jerry

This would be good to have an option as I don't think Lo Jack is available in my area.

Back again. Viper GPS still offers real time tracking through Vipergps.com. What they did suspend was their ability to track where a car has been. So if your wife is cheating on you, Viper can't tell you her car was parked at the Cheaters motel last Thursday. It will let you know she is there now though. Jerry

Jerry@Mobile

13 posts in 4.5 years! Wow!

Back