• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CAR SHOW- Millersville, PA

Hey everyone,

I know it's early yet but I wanted to let you know about this year's car show at Millersville University, in Millersville PA. Last year there were ~150 cars total and we're looking to get close to 200 this year as long as the weather cooperates. Last year there were 2 nsx's there along with ~5 supras, multipe 3000gt's, a TT viper, 2003 mustang cobra, etc. I'm not sure if either nsx is from this board or not.

Here are pictures of the nsx's taken by Nick of Turboforum.net
http://www.turboforum.net/events/2004/MUShow/042404/image_23.html
http://www.turboforum.net/events/2004/MUShow/042404/image_120.html

The show will be on Saturday April 30th, 2005.
roll in: 10-12
show: 12-4:30
awards: 4:45

We will have a portable dyno again this year, and it will cost $50 or less for 3 pulls, most likely less, but price hasnt been finalized yet.

There is a registration fee for entering the show. It is $10 pre-registration or $15 at the door. You can print a registration form off of our website. The main reason we charge is to break even, we are not in this for profit. The dyno costs over 1,500 + accomodations for the dyno guys, so we are just trying to get somewhere close to breaking even.

There will be food and drinks also.

A special attraction we are in the process of finalizing is helicopter rides. It will cost extra but it will give you the oppurtunity to take an ~8 minute ride and take pictures from ABOVE the show, which is a pretty unique experience.

There is much more information about this year's show and more than 300 pictures from our past shows on our website. Feel free to check it out:
www.millersville.edu/~uab/showpreview.html

If you have any questions, feel free to post them up...but you can also email me directly at [email protected] for a much quicker response.

Thanks and hope to see you there.
Bob

Hey everyone, I have an update for you.

The dyno price has been set at $40 for 3 pulls. We will have a small prize for highest HP of the day also.

Also,I regret to inform you that the helicopter rides have been cancelled. A lacrosse game was scheduled last minute so we no longer have a safe landing zone, Also, the university informed us that they want more insuarence per person than the helictopter guys could provide without the cost increasing dramatically. Sorry guys, I was looking forward to it as much as you were. It'll still be a great show though and we're looking to replace the helictoper with something else.

-Bob

Ah, comon guys, there has to be some interest in the NSX crowd :smile:

Talk to some of the guys from last year, I'm sure they'll tell you they had a good time.

Anyone interested?

Hey everyone,

Update time:
Were trying to figure out what songs and what types of music people want to hear at the show. If you guys have any songs/types of music in mind please feel free to suggest them. Also, how do you guys feel about techno/trance music?

Keep in mind this is a car show that encompases classic cars(generally older guys) as well as the younger crowd, so we are trying to appeal to all crowds with the music, so please suggest anything you think would be good.

Thanks guys,
Bob

Just a reminder that the show is THIS SATURDAY!
The weather forcast is a little iffy, so if it does rain we will hold the show under the parking garage on campus.
Remember to check the show website's campus map http://marauder.millersville.edu/~uab/campus.html. It shows you where the parking lots are, and where the rain location is.

If it does rain and you want to clean up your car before the show, there is a SunDance carwash on 462 right at the intersection of 462 and 741. They have several self-wash bays, and 2 auto-wash bays.
This is about 10minutes from the show, but most of you should be passing pretty close by it on your way in.
If you want to mapquest it.. the adress is 2154 Columbia Ave. Lancaster Pa 17603 and a map from the show to the carwash is here http://local.google.com/maps?li=d&h...aster,+PA+17603.

Just a reminder: in the event of rain , the dyno will be operated based on the professional opinion of backstreet performance. If they feel that the rain causes an unsafe condition, we will stop the dyno. It is possible to operate in light rain, but heavy rain would be highly unlikely.

If we are under the parking garage, please be prepared to park closely together.

Please bring a lawn chair or something if you want to sit

Thanks

Back