• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon fiber roof no longer an option?

The supplier went out of business. Until they can source those roofs from someone else (at a reasonable price point despite such low volumes), all NSX roofs will be aluminum.

I've read that about the CF steering wheel but never about the roof. I'm no expert, just relating what I read online (and you know what they say about what you read online), but when I was watching roofs get installed at the PMC they sure looked like full-on CF to me, not just a "wrap".

The CF on the steering wheel is referred to as a garnish

My understanding is the roof is a CF panel

Wow, supplier out of business? That sucks..... I have the CF roof and it really gives the car a great look. When I was searching for a car in 17', I wanted a car without a lot of CF trim as I felt it was way overpriced. Ended up with a CF roof and engine cover, both of which grew on me quickly, especially the roof, even though it cost $6K...... I now can't imagine my car without that roof..... It would be interesting to see the production #'s for cars with CF roof?

Not a big fan of the roof myself (I feel like the A and B pillars also need to be CF to complete the look), but LOVE the CF engine cover.

you'd think with that fancy pop up 4 wheel dyno they would have put in a nice large vacuum carbon bake oven....:confused:

Not a big fan of the roof myself (I feel like the A and B pillars also need to be CF to complete the look), but LOVE the CF engine cover.

The CF engine cover really should be a stand alone option. I don't want expensive carbon bits on the outside of the car where they can get easily damaged, but I'd be willing to pay for a nice looking engine cover safely behind glass.

I really wish they would offer the roof in body color, too. I was never really a fan of the two-tone look...

As I understand from Acura the Carbon Fiber roof was real and dropped the weight of the car by about 28 lbs. It is not an overlay.

I'm guessing that cars pre covid had them available? So likely available as an option for MY 2019 and earlier? Supply problems happened sometime into 2020? My CF roof was a single option on my 17' Was the roof combined in the CF exterior pkg in the later years??

CF roof was offered all the way through the end of the 2020 MY. 2021 cars (and beyond?) will not have it as an option. And it has always been a stand-alone option, separate from the rest of the CF exterior package.

Back