• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carrera GT encounter

On easter Sunday, I took out my black nsx for a weekend cruise around my area (249 and Louetta for those in Houston). As I was changing lanes to get on the on ramp to 249, something yellow caught my attention on my left side view mirror. I could tell it was Porsche, but not quite the same models I normally see around here. Which intrigued me so I turned my attention and looked to my left as he passed by me. I was in awe, as I recognized it to be a yellow Carrera GT speeding past me. :eek: I quickly downshifted and floored it to catch up with him as we entered the freeway. For about 50 yards, I looked down and realized I was already hitting 110. (as in kph, that is :wink: :wink: ) We were cruising at that speed for a few hundred yards until we both let off and I slowly pass him at 70mph. He let me have my fun for a few seconds and then he let it rip. He did a flyby @ WOT, kind of like Tom Cruise did in TopGun. The sound was incredible! I had to downshift one more time to chase after him. He slowed to the speed limit again and I passed him, I rolled down my window and gave him a big thumbs-up. He came up beside me and gave me a little wave of acknowledgment as we both exited and parted ways.

Just wanted to share this encounter with y'all. :biggrin:

Cool story. Saw a yellow Carrera GT in Napa this weekend, that thing looks wicked! I was also in the same boat, knew it was a Porsche, but could not tell what kind. Too bad it was going in the opposite direction, or else I would have sat behind him just to listen.

It was a good supercar weekend in Napa,... Saw all these cars in a 3 hour span:
Yellow Carrera GT
Red 360 coupe
Silver 360 spyder
Silver Ausitn Vantage (not the Vantage S that I could tell)
Yellow Esprit V8
Silver 91-94 NSX (15/16 wheels)
Red NSX (could not tell year)
Black w/ a silver racing stripe. Shelby 427 Cobra (likely a kit, but who knows)
The local corvette club must have been doing something because there was a line of various vettes 15-20 cars deep. They sure did sound good.

Looks like the car crowd is itching to get the cars out for spring!!!

Cheers

I definitely agree with all of you in regards to the CGT. I saw one on the road during one of my weekend drives in my 360. We drove side by side for about a minute and then I had to exit. It was unfortunate that there were so many cars on the road, or else I would have liked to go on a friendly run with him.

So it's fair to say you owned him in your NSX??? ;) Wow... you must be packing some mods. :D

Seriously, dont you just love it when guys with nice cars play like that. Last week i had a guy in a Mercedes sports (couldnt tell u what: mercedes are all the same to me :D ) who did a terrific launch at a set of lights leaving me for dead. It was really cool. When we pulled up at the next set of lights (lol, got him far ;) ) the guy could see i had a smile on my face so he looked away and even put his window up. :( All i wanted was to give him the thumbs up... what is this world coming too. :confused:

Anyhow... great story!!! :D

I took the top off of my CGT for the first time today and I can say that it is the most awesome car I have ever driven. The sound with the the top off at WOT is intoxicating!

I can't wait until tomorrow when I get to drive it again!!!

Carguy! said:
I took the top off of my CGT for the first time today and I can say that it is the most awesome car I have ever driven. The sound with the the top off at WOT is intoxicating!

Did you run over Mitch when you were backing up? LOL!

prova4re said:
Did you run over Mitch when you were backing up? LOL!

My leg still hurts from that.....so it is a sore subject right now. :D

Carguy! said:

Hi

Just can not get over that you just went out and bought a CGT :eek:

Damn.. The CGT is a $760000 car in Norway

You lucky guy. Now get out and enjoy that beast :smile:

Regards

We had a silver CGT a few months back here in Tusla at the local Pcar shop. I didn't think much of the sound but I never heard it under load. That said, the CGT is by far my favorite car right now. The interior, fit and finish, and wow factor were ginormous. It's like seeing a supermodel in person, that beautiful.

Ponyboy said:
We had a silver CGT a few months back here in Tusla at the local Pcar shop. I didn't think much of the sound but I never heard it under load. That said, the CGT is by far my favorite car right now. The interior, fit and finish, and wow factor were ginormous. It's like seeing a supermodel in person, that beautiful.

I can honestly say this is the greatest sounding car I have ever heard, especially when you are driving it! Without load it doesn't sound quite as good though.

I have never seen a supermodel in person, but I like the analogy!

Carguy! said:
I have never seen a supermodel in person, but I like the analogy!

Oh yeah?

I saw you yesterday drive out of your garage in one :)

Regards

Carguy! said:
She was fast and furious too! I am up to 900 miles so I only have 100 miles of break in left!!!

If you have trouble getting those miles on I will be glad to help. :)

A few hours by plane and I will be there :)

Regards

martin said:
If you have trouble getting those miles on I will be glad to help. :)

A few hours by plane and I will be there :)

Regards

So far the only problem I have had putting on miles is the weather! The other problem I have is trying to stop long enough to see the family and work. The car calls out to me when I am working and having the camera where I can look at it on my computer doesn't help at all.

I think I may try to have the CGT with the most miles, it is going to be my everyday supercar throughout the spring, summer and fall. I don't believe I will ever be able to get enough of this car!

Carguy! said:
The car calls out to me when I am working and having the camera where I can look at it on my computer doesn't help at all.
Sounds like Mitch is rubbing off on you, I would kick him out of your garage asap. :biggrin:

Back