• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CAT Fight ─ HJS vs.GESI Cats

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion that all catalytic converters are not equal (e.g flow, effectiveness, no CEL, substrate lifting off the body due to excessive burbles/crackles, overall sound)...

For the NC1 NSX, we have a few manufactures that are making down pipes with some allowing you to chose the cats you want:

In the world of high-end DPs, it seems that HJS (used by Renntech and Brabus) and GESI (used by Hennessey for its world record 1200hp car) are the most prominent players.

Anyone care to chime in pros/cons of which cats are better suited for the NSX Gen2 based on research and your selection process.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember when I was considering making custom cats for my Gen1 that my research yielded the GESI as the best option. Their claim to fame is that their core allegedly delivers all the power/flow gains with little to no loss of emissions compliance. Most cheaper HFC cores give up a lot on the emissions side. In the case of the Gen1, the car was still super efficient even on the "dirty" HFCs so ultimately I didn't get the GESI. But, unless things have changed, it's a really, really good cat.