• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CCU Lights

Hi all, can somebody please confirm that *all* buttons on the CCU are supposed to be illuminated? Mine currently does not light the MODE, A/C, and OFF buttons. I assume this is a failure, just want to confirm. Thanks for your time!

The CCU buttons illuminate when the headlights are on. Make sure that the dash dimmer switch is rotated to max because the illumination level is quite low, even on max. On a bright sunny day, you probably will not be able to detect the illumination even with the dimmer rotated to max. If you don't get illumination with the headlights turned on, you might have a problem with the lights on signal. Does the dimmer function work for the rest of the dash lights?

The CCU buttons illuminate when the headlights are on. Make sure that the dash dimmer switch is rotated to max because the illumination level is quite low, even on max. On a bright sunny day, you probably will not be able to detect the illumination even with the dimmer rotated to max. If you don't get illumination with the headlights turned on, you might have a problem with the lights on signal. Does the dimmer function work for the rest of the dash lights?
Thanks for the reply! Most of the CCU buttons illuminate for me. Just the MODE, A/C and OFF buttons do not illuminate. Can you confirm that they are supposed to?

The dimmer function works fine for the buttons that are lit up :)

Yes, all the buttons and the knobs light up when the headlights are on. The MODE and A/C buttons are spectacularly dim on my 2000. Best to test at midnight and away from any street lights and only after your eyes are adjusted to the dark. The luminescent markers on my Citizen watch generate more illumination than the Mode and AC buttons.

A spectacularly useless NSX feature.

I tested in my garage and cupped my hands around the switches and pressed my eye into that. I can't discern any light whatsoever coming from the buttons in question. The other CCU buttons are (relatively!) bright. I can't help but think the light source for those buttons has failed. Be nice to get a few more people chime in!

AL9nZEXqPweyNa3txZpWX5vhfnpt1WJanGu98JWGFCx9KvPcHF7Mv1nVKko8stdSdHy0GOO-nl9FlPkbchrReEW-v02IXiKyWRJLY3AkEi8vaOiz3gjxwLdRfnywgD9nim4J5R3cQMx5ryBwB3WK8A6EcOErxw=w1080-h810-no

Your issue is most likely a dead light bulb but since you need to take the CCU out of the cabin, good opportunity to send your CCU circuit board to BrianK on here if it was never refurbished previously.

There are 2 x light bulbs on the Display module.
For the clarification, the bulbs are not on the CCU circuit board.

AL9nZEUddTIdC_HBVMvE7ATzLvDqOX15_n7clMoaEQKyoTAu9l60A_SfxiCxock4eTVcNXgg7Tk3DZE0sc2csaRq884Lwp0QUHph9Ahl1DsbdSOz6_hEhIBwa9YqhxiuSH66oqNQ75GnY7ky8HUQvhZd25zN0g=w1661-h935-no

AL9nZEUr5pE1SRtBV1xtmG-LLmc4OWI6-QKk1HSOgA3jGzwj8gxTUlicGtHmNzg_NLOTTdqHeXd05z1gxK_vZxFrSbGfsAw_zimsLj6CscAxyKui1MdMD8EUaC9XJr6lh4WeNnIVwwqH_VLL4TkSIsMS70RnJg=w2015-h1133-no

Although you have just one dead light bulb, replace both at the same time.
79670-SL0-A01 x 2

You may be able to replace just the bulb body and re-use the socket/holder but by now, the holder would be burnt and may crack so just get new one.

Although SL0 (NSX specific) parts, shared with other Acura/Honda models so should be still available.

AL9nZEWIf1afxMGpXvH1fkLv3gq3sh4FeVjTC6iDb1F2ykukZJox--AzgNFwARjDAR-Lf6bh8Y2CF_mrSrOlNV5xuMOJYH7ualDleIWwvEcQ7WzgtZ5ZrzF9YtoCkvtImLpN0rz0BgIAiRxe21oSDPrAfyLJvQ=w2015-h1133-no

Before (both bulbs dead)

AL9nZEWF-KJjMtt_rZT3a9395We0Nbh0JOBUotsjRbCddpCb93-TZjTdW9UE1bPi57f9YBig0ypWpNpFnHSY5Pvp9KlxIZ8hD8wzhG0aNN4AasMR8-GSbqBr9c56Kxph_o602Euw-D9ecInISAiUQzocTAi_vQ=w2015-h1133-no

After (both bulbs replaced)

Kaz

Back