• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CD changer help!!

Hi,

I would like to install a Alpine 6disc CD changer (634) to my 97 Acura NSX.

The car came stock w/ only a AM/FM and cassette drive

I'm trying to understand the archived DIY for Alpine CD changer, but I'm not understanding whether I will need a new head unit or if I can leave all that stuff alone.

Any information would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance

NSXFreak00 said:
I'm trying to understand the archived DIY for Alpine CD changer, but I'm not understanding whether I will need a new head unit or if I can leave all that stuff alone.
The stock head unit will work with an Alpine CHA-S634 (with the proper cabling as described in the DIY instructions).

See the thread I posted in stereo forum asking for difference btwn CHA-S634 & CHM-S630 a few days ago. All will be revealed

I wonder if you can add the iPod to the stock head unit , and use it as an alternative to a CD changer,via this interface. Since the head unit is an Alpine or can control an Alpine CD changer, I suppose it should work.

h500KCA420i-f_.jpeg

I have an Alpine CD changer installed in my 94 NSX. In mine, and likely yours, there is a wiring harness with Alpine compatible plug in the trunk behind the carpet closest to the engine. Once installed, the selector control on the head unit in the car recognizes the CD and when CD is selected (FM and AM being the other choices) the various control buttons operate the CD changing disks, tracks, etc.

Good Luck

JSmith said:
I have an Alpine CD changer installed in my 94 NSX. In mine, and likely yours, there is a wiring harness with Alpine compatible plug in the trunk behind the carpet closest to the engine. Once installed, the selector control on the head unit in the car recognizes the CD and when CD is selected (FM and AM being the other choices) the various control buttons operate the CD changing disks, tracks, etc.

Good Luck
Cool this also helps me I'm looking to install Alpine. Thanks for the information. :smile:

NSXrebel said:
I wonder if you can add the iPod to the stock head unit , and use it as an alternative to a CD changer,via this interface. Since the head unit is an Alpine or can control an Alpine CD changer, I suppose it should work.

h500KCA420i-f_.jpeg

Sorry I missed this earlier - this will NOT work with the OEM head unit unfortunately, because it is for modern Alpine Ai-NET control head units only.

The CHA-S634 CD changer actually will work with the OEM head however - although it is designated as Ai-NET, it is actually dual mode for AiNet or M-bus

For those considering a new CD changer install, please see the FAQ at http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/Alpine-S634.pdf - you will need to ensure you purchase both required cables listed in the FAQ as well as the changer model itself.

Back