• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CD Changer stopped working yesterday.

At the end of one CD, before switching to the next one, I got an "E-01" message. When I got to where I was going, I ejected 5 of the 6 CDs in the magazine (the 6th was stuck in the changer). I reinstalled the magazine, and tried to get the last disc out. Later, when I tried again to eject the magazine, it wouldn't eject. The green eject button would illuminate, but it wouldn't eject.

Today, I tried to eject it again, and now the green button isn't even lighting up!

I consulted my owner's manual, and it says for the E-01 Error message, the cause is "Disc-Changer Malfunction" (no s#!t - LOL!), and the remedy is to contact your Acura Dealer. I just did that, and they said to bring the car in, they'll remove the changer and send it to the manufacturer. Guy told me that the turnaround time is 2-4 weeks, and they never give an estimate, just send the unit back with an invoice. I could take it out myself, and drive it over to them, but I don't really want to be without CDs for up to a month, and I'd like to know what it's going to cost me before I send it out.

Anyone else ever have this problem, and were you able to fix it yourself?

Thanks.

Do a search. There is a procedure for disconnecting the power & reconnecting with an empty magazine. Also some trick with a little screwdriver or something I think. Probably in this forum, possibly in tech/DIY

TyraNSX said:
Do a search. There is a procedure for disconnecting the power & reconnecting with an empty magazine. Also some trick with a little screwdriver or something I think.

Found the threads. Got the magazine (and CD) out, and now it seems to be working fine.

Thank you.

My brother had a similiar problem on his MB cd changer. The first time they charged him 200 bucks to get the thing unstuck. The second time he mentioned it to me and I took a look at it and upon taking the unit apart then powering up again and hitting the eject button everything was good again.

Back