• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CEL code # 68

My CEL came on last night. I just pulled the code and it is #68 (Rear Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold).

My question is: aside from releasing more pollutants into the air, would that affect my car? (I doubt that is the case)

Thank you. :smile:

You cat is bad. This is a warranty FREE repair. Take it to the dealer and have two new cats installed:).

HTH,
LarryB

Bling, did u ever have the cats replaced? I'm having them replaced now.... just curious thx ;)

are they under warranty for a certain period of time..my 68 just cam up last week. i just cleared the codes, and it has not came back yet.

How do you know his car falls in that range?
His sig says the 95 MY is 'sold'.:confused:

haha um Bling sold his car to me... its mine now..... :) and yes it falls within the warranty but only until the end of next month because that will be 14 years from the date of purchase from the original owner. And it only has 86K miles :p :D

Last edited:
haha um Bling sold his car to me... its mine now..... :) and yes it falls within the warranty but only until the end of next month because that will be 14 years from the date of purchase from the original owner. And it only has 86K miles :p :D

my bad:redface:
I didn't notice the dates of the posts.

heh no worries - finally got the car to pass smog with OEM headers and cats... :)

Back