• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Center Console Removal / Coolant Temp Sensor

The self diagnostic on my AC system tells me fault code D is the Coolant Temp Sensor...and its been a problem with my AC for a while. From the drawing provided from the on-line manual (below) Iam not sure whether its a center console out job or can anybody tell me either from experience or judging by the drawing if they think it might be accessible in any other way?

Attachments

• Coolant Temp Sensor.jpg
    Coolant Temp Sensor.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 168
The self diagnostic on my AC system tells me fault code D is the Coolant Temp Sensor...and its been a problem with my AC for a while. From the drawing provided from the on-line manual (below) Iam not sure whether its a center console out job or can anybody tell me either from experience or judging by the drawing if they think it might be accessible in any other way?

Do you mean the cabin air temp sensor located with in the aspirator fan assy?

Do you mean the cabin air temp sensor located with in the aspirator fan assy?

Hi Larry, thanks for your note. According to the on-line NSX service manual here on Prime section 22-22 its a temperature sensitive resistor called a Coolant Temperature Sensor.
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Reference/1991_svcman/1991servman.pdf

Someone from NSX UK has just told me its the temperature sensor in front of a small fan which is screwed to the ashtray unit, which in turn is screwed into the center consol from the back. Sounds like a console out job I think.

It's clear by the picture and the name its the sensor that measures the coolant temp going to the heater core. As I said I would not replace any sensor without first measuring it's resistance which can be done at the CCU conector(s). It's very unlikelly the sensor is bad, unpluged maybe, most likelly there is a problem in the CCU.

Last edited:
It's clear by the picture and the name its the sensor that measures the coolant temp going to the heater core. As I said I would not replace any sensor without first measuring it's resistance which can be done at the CCU conector(s). It's very unlikelly the sensor is bad, unpluged maybe, most likelly there is a problem in the CCU.

Thanks again BrianK, so does that mean I remove the center console and check if the sensor is good/connected ok? I dont have the kit to check the resistance though. I take it I could visually check the connection with the center console removed?

The sensor is hidden even with the console removed. If you don't have OHM meter to measure it at the CCU connector then you could always send me the CCU for testing.

Let's hope BrianK is correct that it is the CCU. This would get expensive otherwise:).

LarryB

The sensor is hidden even with the console removed. If you don't have OHM meter to measure it at the CCU connector then you could always send me the CCU for testing.

Somebody on NSX UK said you "was da man" BrianK and Iam gratfull for your kind offer but Iam wondering first exactly where will I find the CCU? Any guidance you can give me would be greatly appreciated as with daily temperatures here of 36 degrees + Iam literally sweating on this! I can refer to the on-line NSX manual if there is an actual page reference for the CCU you refer to? Thanks for your time so far.

yea bro you have to remove the console and test the harness that connects to the CCU (which is the circuit board for the Fan / Heat / AC / Vent controls)

Hope you figure this out! Good luck

Back