• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CF hood question

OK, so the "Mod Bug" hasn't really bitten me because what's as easy to return to OEM as a hood? Anyway, I'm considering a 2 scoop hood and have seen Dali's and not really impressed.

The Seibon hood:
HD9201ACNSX-CW.jpg

Looks like a possible.

Questions:

1-Is the Seibon hood as good as the VIS hood?

VIS Hood:
attachment.php

2-I would plan on having it painted the same as my NSX (R-77)
Has anyone had success with this? (Uh, obviously this has been done but
any tips on having it painted besides the fact that 1991 formula red panit
is really quite difficult to replicate?

3-Any comments/suggestions on a possible TWO scoop hood
replacement for my 91 OEM hood? (Sans Dali hoods)
*Yes I have seen the SOS hood and it looks good. Any others to
consider?

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Skyguy

for question 3, i think you might be interested in the STEALTH HOODS available from 2nrwerks http://www.2nrwerks.net/hornet.asp

myself i really like the 2 scoop thats on the yellow espirit NSX, its a two scoops without the louvres, anyone else have any idea what hood looks exactly like/or is that particular one

khappucino said:
for question 3, i think you might be interested in the STEALTH HOODS available from 2nrwerks http://www.2nrwerks.net/hornet.asp

myself i really like the 2 scoop thats on the yellow espirit NSX, its a two scoops without the louvres, anyone else have any idea what hood looks exactly like/or is that particular one

Khappi, the hood you looking for is either the burn up or GT hood. Check SOS website.

Seibon is usually pretty good with their weaves in the CF, VIS is well, crap. Dont ever buy a VIS, period. Fitment is bad, the weave is worse, and the details in the hood, (rolled edges, overall fit and finish) is horrible.

I would still spend the extra on something from SOS.

da3dalus said:
Seibon is usually pretty good with their weaves in the CF, VIS is well, crap. Dont ever buy a VIS, period. Fitment is bad, the weave is worse, and the details in the hood, (rolled edges, overall fit and finish) is horrible.

definetly agreed. seibon is a fairly well made hood. i have a few friends rocking seibon on cars like: 350z, etc. never saw the nsx hood in person though. but if its anything like their other hoods, should be fairly ok. i don't know anymore, but i know that the SOS hoods had removable louveres if you wanted just the open scoop look. (i think)...

92NSX said:
The hoods don't show to be available yet. :confused:

i think its something like this

Stealth NA1 Hood $1750 (+ $190 ship)
Stealth NA1 Hood w/low Fins $2020 (+ $190 ship)
Stealth NA1 Hood w/high Fins $2060 (+ $190 ship)

khappucino said:
i think its something like this

Stealth NA1 Hood $1750 (+ $190 ship)
Stealth NA1 Hood w/low Fins $2020 (+ $190 ship)
Stealth NA1 Hood w/high Fins $2060 (+ $190 ship)

Thanks for the info. I really like that SOS scooped hood.

da3dalus said:

I just ordered a VIS Hood from Chris at Science of Speed and he said it is the best fitting hood he has.

B-rad said:
I just ordered a VIS Hood from Chris at Science of Speed and he said it is the best fitting hood he has.

Can you tell me which hood he sells is made by them? I looked on the site and didn't see that name brand by any of his offered.
Thanks

B-rad said:

I hope it works out for you! I purchased a VIS (not doing my research prior to purchase) CF hood for my Mazdaspeed and it arrived with a chip in the clear coat, about 5 major weave irregularities, and didnt come close to fiting correctly on my car. I sent it back and got a refund as quickly as possible.

If yours comes nice, let me know I hope they are fixing some of their quality issues! I would love to see pics of it on your car either way! :biggrin:

92NSX said:
That is awesome then because that is the style that I want.
Do you plan on leaving it exposed or painting part of it? I'm torn on which way to go on it. :confused:

haha depending on your color scheme, partially painted and partially raw (the scoopy part) looks pretty damn hot sometimes

khappucino said:
haha depending on your color scheme, partially painted and partially raw (the scoopy part) looks pretty damn hot sometimes

I know they both look good either way. The car in the pic is red like mine but a newer year since it has a red top so I can get a basic idea.
Leaving it exposed looks good but I also think that it might make the headlight covers stand out to much since they would remain red. HOWEVER, painting it but leaving the scoop exposed makes everything blend together but then you only have a small part of that beautiful hood showing the CF. Since my car has a black top, I don't know which way would look better. Decisions, decisions.. :confused:

Back