• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chat function?

Wondering if there is a way to use a chat function that could be useful for small questions you might not need a whole thread about, maybe similar to the functionality of the FB page but with the ability to possibly scroll/search it, or just for shooting the shit on a Wednesday?

I know it's kind of against the ethos of a forum, but might be a way to make the site feel more alive or have some visible traffic?

Wondering if there is a way to use a chat function that could be useful for small questions you might not need a whole thread about, maybe similar to the functionality of the FB page but with the ability to possibly scroll/search it, or just for shooting the shit on a Wednesday?

I know it's kind of against the ethos of a forum, but might be a way to make the site feel more alive or have some visible traffic?
That function used to get a lot of use, way back in the day....usually on Sunday nights there was a bunch of folks that would log in and chat it up for quite a while. Since I've not been an active person on here for a few years I'm not sure if it gets used or not.

That function used to get a lot of use, way back in the day....usually on Sunday nights there was a bunch of folks that would log in and chat it up for quite a while. Since I've not been an active person on here for a few years I'm not sure if it gets used or not.
I wonder if the new site has the feature somewhere that I haven't found yet. Maybe @Honcho can chime in and help out.

Back