• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

check engine light

Here in Florida,we do not have emission testing so I decided to punch out my cats.Any way ,after doing that my check engine light comes on after driving about 100 miles.Ive cleared the code about 5 times and each time after 100 miles or so it comes back on.Is there any way to clear this code permeanently.By the way ,I took it to the dealer and they said the code was showing two bad catalytic converters.
smile.gif

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 RX7 Touring

I am not sure how to reslove that, but you might try contacting a vendor that sells bypass pipes (e.g. Comptech) and ask them. If there is a sensor going off, it should do the same thing when you remove the cats.

------------------
----------------------------
Don't no nuttin 'bout no NSX;
Don't no nuttin 'bout birthin' no babbies.

View

Is there any way to clear this code permanently.

Sure, just put the catalytic converters back on the car.
biggrin.gif

I installed the Comptech bypass pipes and have exactly the same problem. I called Comptech and they have no solution except to disable the light.

I have since gotten used to the light and ignore it.

Thanks guys,I guess Ill just deal with the light until I can figure something out.
Maybe if I can get a look at an electrical book I can clip a wire somewhere so I could always put it back to stock someday.

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 RX7 Touring

Originally posted by nsxbadboy:
... I can clip a wire somewhere so I could always put it back to stock someday.
Joe

You can also remove the instrument cluster an d put a piece of black electrical tape over the light. Much less invasive then cutting a wire.

Originally posted by nsxbadboy:
Thanks guys,I guess Ill just deal with the light until I can figure something out.
Maybe if I can get a look at an electrical book I can clip a wire somewhere so I could always put it back to stock someday.

Why did u punch the cats if u thinking of putting it back to stock in the future. the cats are expensive, the CT bypass pipe would be a lot cheaper. Just curious mind.

Back