• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cleaning honey comb plastic on front/rear bumper?

True...but just because it costs less doesn't mean it's wrong to be frugal. Plus I don't need a brush to wash the entire car...just the honeycomb sections.

Once I switched to the Boar's hair brush I never needed to use any smaller brushes anywhere on the exterior. It cut down on my washing time considerably. Time is money! :D

I stick to the Laser Wash. :D :D

I usually go to a laser wash for a quick wash when I don't feel like doing my typical routine. At least the laser wash removes most of the surface dirt, but not some of the road grime.

so does Hugh...

He's uses a little more than the Laser Wash. I think he get's a laser hair removal too. LOL. :D

Exterior plastic protection product

[FONT=&quot]PERL by CARPRO is a concentrated versatile water-based, protective coating for plastics, rubber, and leather that offers tremendous UV protection. PERL is a water based dilute to suit product, covering a large array of tasking within car care. It can be used to restores the like-new appearance of hard exterior plastic surfaces and keeps them looking good with strong UV and hydrophobic protection. The sun can be damaging on flexible materials, like rubber, plastic, and leather. Gradually & over the course of time they fade & become brittle and cracked. PERL is changing the rules. PERL provides excellent protection and lasts up to three months![/FONT]

PERL by CARPRO is a concentrated versatile water-based, protective coating for plastics, rubber, and leather that offers tremendous UV protection. PERL is a water based dilute to suit product, covering a large array of tasking within car care. It can be used to restores the like-new appearance of hard exterior plastic surfaces and keeps them looking good with strong UV and hydrophobic protection. The sun can be damaging on flexible materials, like rubber, plastic, and leather. Gradually & over the course of time they fade & become brittle and cracked. PERL is changing the rules. PERL provides excellent protection and lasts up to three months!

Bought a bottle based upon your recommendation. Reminds me a bit of Armorall. I recall that stuff sometimes resulted in the plastic becoming brittle. Hopefully this is a better formulation. I like that you can dilute to fit your needs. Thanks.

also thinking that I could paint with gloss black paint. Not sure if it would hold up or start peeling off. In the old days I sometimes would spray the engine area with a clear lacquer. That would help keep everything clean. The front of the car takes a hit with small rocks and other highway grime while driving on the freeways.

I did the front half of the car using 3M gloss product. Took a couple of attempts on the hood. I probably did not use the right spray solution and ended up with soap residue underneath. I had to pull it up and spray it again. Then it laid down clear. It has ended up preventing a number of bad dings. The plastic black grills on the sides and in the center of the bumper get hit often. I am trying to figure out how to keep them new looking.

Car Pro

My 2022 Type S, Valencia Red is coated with Car Pro CQuartz Finest Reserve, panels are baked for 20 minutes each after 2nd coat, 5 year warranty. I have used CarPro products since my 911 was coated, same as the type S, after almost a year, still looks great, all of their stuff is good, but not cheap. I use an electric pressure washer & a foam cannon to wash, also 2 buckets, saves water too.

I purchased Pearl recently, I have not used it yet, but I have never been disappointed with any of their products, they sell spray bottles that make it easy to mix their diluted products.

Link to video from ceramic coating below:

https://youtu.be/5ueRoRw1oBE

Last edited:
Back