• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cleaning honey comb plastic on front/rear bumper?

Any tricks of the trade for easily cleaning this plastic so it's nice and glossy black again (and not covered with dirt and dust)? It seems like even when I wash it with soap and water and a hose, there is still residue left on it. Degreaser and a hose perhaps? Any way to clean without a hose.

Same here. I would like to find a way to clean the residue off the black honey comb as well. Way back we used to spray Amoral on the plastic. It left a glossy look to vinyl.

have you guys tried mothers back to black?:wink:

I use a ceramic coat spray that makes it easier to keep clean
9b6bd5b21e4bba4a060e5408d66a14b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the turtle hybrid ceramic spray. I will give it a try. Initially I need to clean the surface which has water spots (mineral deposits from previous washes. Perhaps a weak acid would dissolve the water spots.

Agree with the Doc's prescription, I use it on the black trim on all the cars, it's shiny, but not like armorall!

I could give that and/or the ceramic spray a whirl! Do you still end up having to stick your finger in every single hole to clean them though? (And I'm talking about the car! lol). That's the biggest tedious issue! Last time I cut a sponge into slivers and it seemed to work ok...but very time consuming

I'm not a gynecologist sorry...:tongue:

I could give that and/or the ceramic spray a whirl! Do you still end up having to stick your finger in every single hole to clean them though? (And I'm talking about the car! lol). That's the biggest tedious issue! Last time I cut a sponge into slivers and it seemed to work ok...but very time consuming

I have seen detailers use a large soft bristle detail brush to clean black grills like the ones on NC1s. They foam up the grill and use the brush to dislodge dust/dirt. Chicago Auto Pros has many Youtube videos of their detailing process.

I have seen detailers use a large soft bristle detail brush to clean black grills like the ones on NC1s. They foam up the grill and use the brush to dislodge dust/dirt. Chicago Auto Pros has many Youtube videos of their detailing process.

I figured they used something like that. It would be helpful, if somebody had a soft bristle brush that they could link to on here. I've still been searching for one to buy, but all of the local ones have been too firm and I'm afraid they would scratch the plastic.

Ok, so here is what I tried tonight. Wasn't perfect, but worked fairly well and took about an hour. I used ArmorAll Outlast Trim & Plastic Restorer (wiped on with a MF towel that came with the bottle). Advance Auto also had a fairly soft brush where I was able to bend one of the arms back which fit in the honey comb well. I used that brush to clean off the ArmorAll. Pics attached for reference.

I may use some Epic CR2 ceramic spray on it too.

Note: I did not use the Mothers Back to Black as it said not to use on glossy plastic surfaces.

Attachments

• 20211121_184501.jpg
    20211121_184501.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 20211121_184426.jpg
    20211121_184426.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 238
  • 20211121_184411.jpg
    20211121_184411.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
A little OT but why Cjeezy?

Last edited:
Off topic...my middle names:biggrin:

I figured they used something like that. It would be helpful, if somebody had a soft bristle brush that they could link to on here. I've still been searching for one to buy, but all of the local ones have been too firm and I'm afraid they would scratch the plastic.

These are the kind I have seen used for this purpose.

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guy...I,B08BFNPHNB,B097SJ53NF,B09H73D4V4,B01EHD6YP0
https://www.amazon.com/Boars-Hair-U...I,B08BFNPHNB,B097SJ53NF,B09H73D4V4,B01EHD6YP0

I purchased some of the brushes mentioned, thanks. Adams makes a spray that is for dissolving water spots. I bought a bottle and tried spraying on the area wher water spots show. Problem is I cannot get a brush in the area (side intake for the intercoolers. I let it sit for a while then rinsed and used a reverse vacuum hose to air dry. Seemed to help a lot. I then sprayed a coating made by Mothers called Back to Black. Gave it a gloss look.

How much did your NSX cost you? That brush costs less than a tank of gas and you can use it to wash your entire car.

True...but just because it costs less doesn't mean it's wrong to be frugal. Plus I don't need a brush to wash the entire car...just the honeycomb sections.

so does Hugh...

Back