• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clock Fuse (7.5) keeps blowing?

I don't drive my car a lot and I have noticed that my clock and radio was not working and I have ignored it for several months, I don't listen to radio and didn't really need the clock. Well I went to finally trouble shoot it today and the clock fuse was burnt out, I got another 7.5 fuse and immediately it popped! I'm not sure why? The car is running perfectly.
I did recently went back to my OEM injectors and OEM chip, I had the RDX Kit. Was not going to pass smog so I went back to OEM. Could this be the culprit of the 7.5 fuse continually blowing?
Anyone had this problem before? Thanks.

Maybe your Alpine headunit. Try to disconnect it and see if the fuse still blows...

Maybe your Alpine headunit. Try to disconnect it and see if the fuse still blows...

I have the original Acura Bose head unit, but I'll try disconnecting the radio to see if it still pops. I heard it could also be the cigarete lighter? There must be a short somewhere.

The #33 clock fuse supplies the ECU, radio head unit, clock, EPS and Automatic controller (if you have them) and the climate control unit. About the only way to determine which device is causing the problem is to disconnect all the devices, put in a new fuse and then start reconnecting the devices to see which one causes the fuse to blow. Or if you have a large supply of fuses, disconnect each device one at a time, install a new fuse and if it pops, move to the next device and repeat. Pick your poison.

If all the devices are disconnected and the fuse still blows, then the short circuit is in the wiring harness.

I don't know where you 'heard' the bit about the cigarette lighter. The cigarette lighter is supplied from a completely different circuit and fuse. Better to listen to the service manual than to whoever gave you that bit of information.

Last edited:
Thanks all. finally fixed. it was a loose wire. :rolleyes:

PO had a accessory line to power a 2nd cigarette plug, for some reason that was loose, I removed that and hardwired my V1. 🙂

Back