• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clutch problem

Hey everyone.
I had a new clutch put in about 3 months ago(1995 nsx). It a oem clutch that was installed by a trans. co. here in charlote(good company that does aot of funny car work also)
In the last 2-3 weeks, when I put it in N when slowing down/stopping, sometimes it wont go into any gear once stopped and wanting to go again.
Any help would help
thanks

I would first take a look at the clutch hydraulics to see if the system is leaking or just not releasing the clutch fully when you put your foot on the pedal, If all is well there, there is a good possibility that one of the clutch disk dampners has broken and is stuck in the clutch area and intermitantly causing you to be unable to release the clutch fully..good luck..JZ

I would first take a look at the clutch hydraulics to see if the system is leaking or just not releasing the clutch when you put your foot on the pedal, If all is well there, there is a good possibility that one of the clutch disk dampners has broken and is stuck in the clutch area and intermitantly causing you to be unable to release the clutch fully..good luck..JZ

roevpaid said:
Hey everyone.
I had a new clutch put in about 3 months ago(1995 nsx). It a oem clutch that was installed by a trans. co. here in charlote(good company that does aot of funny car work also)
In the last 2-3 weeks, when I put it in N when slowing down/stopping, sometimes it wont go into any gear once stopped and wanting to go again.
Any help would help
thanks

Well, since its safe to assume (we hope) that it is not worn yet, then the issue must be it is not releasing properly. I would suspect the clutch hydraulics- slave or master cyls. Other possibility is that if you switched from an aftermarket to an oem, the pedal may have been misadjusted previously, as some a/m's require. The best proof (or denial) of this is where the pedal is when the clutch starts to engage. There should be 25mm (1 inch) of free play ath top before any pressure is felt.

HTH,
MB

Back