• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coilover compatibility with Stanceparts Air Cups

I have run into problem with the install of my air cups and new Tein Monosport Coilovers on my street driven 96 NSX. My mechanic is telling me that my new TEINs are not going to work, because of the Monosports construction, the cups are adding 2 inches to the overall install length and leaving no droop...hence little or no lift from the air cups. ( If I lower the car I will need the air cup lift to access my driveway/garage without scraping)

I just spent $1600 on these coilovers but I may need to buy a replacement set that actually will work with the Air Cups......

I am hoping that you guys may be able to help with advice and suggestions for solutions.....

Do I have to get rid of the TEINs? is there some way to make them work?

What good quality street Coilovers will work with the Air Cups? (I am looking at a price around what I spent on the TEINs for my non tracked NSX)

Thank you in advance!

B

I have run into problem with the install of my air cups and new Tein Monosport Coilovers on my street driven 96 NSX. My mechanic is telling me that my new TEINs are not going to work, because of the Monosports construction, the cups are adding 2 inches to the overall install length and leaving no droop...hence little or no lift from the air cups. ( If I lower the car I will need the air cup lift to access my driveway/garage without scraping)

I just spent $1600 on these coilovers but I may need to buy a replacement set that actually will work with the Air Cups......

I am hoping that you guys may be able to help with advice and suggestions for solutions.....

What good quality street Coilovers will work with the Air Cups? (I am looking at a price around what I spent on the TEINs for my non tracked NSX)

Thank you in advance!

B

You can get shorter springs. For the front they are 7" long so you would need 5" springs to get the right clearance. However depending on your ride height you may not get much lift without helper springs. Swift makes springs in the sizes needed.

For my own setup I opted for the 6" springs but I have to run preload due to clearance with the upper control arm, and at my ride height (4" from the jacking points) I only get about 1" lift. If I raise it up .5" I can get 2" lift.

Thanks. I think this looks like a promising path forward. We are probably going to swap out the 14k rear /12k front springs the TEIN Monosports came with for shorter and softer Swift springs. My mechanic is suggesting 6k rear / 8k front... stiffer than stock and maybe better suited to my cars street driven use.

Hopefully I will still get some lift from the air cups!

Thanks. I think this looks like a promising path forward. We are probably going to swap out the 14k rear /12k front springs the TEIN Monosports came with for shorter and softer Swift springs. My mechanic is suggesting 6k rear / 8k front... stiffer than stock and maybe better suited to my cars street driven use.

Hopefully I will still get some lift from the air cups!
Hey brother found your post and I am currently running into the same problem. Did you ever find a solution to work with the Tein mono sports?

It's a simple solution by getting shorter springs like mentioned in this thread. Just make sure you order the correct diameter and spring rate as well for your application.
Got it. Im trying to see what people have ordered so I can get a part number for it too lol.

Thank you in advance!

B
Our Ohlins Kits are compatible with the stance air cups :) front and rear
NSXFPspec01__53533.1565302165.380.500.jpg

Back