• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coilovers and Sway Bars

Does anyone have the Dali Racing sway bars? They say they are 100% stiffer in front and 150% stiffer in back, do any of you guys have any real world opinions about them?

Also I'm leaning toward Comptech Coilovers but does anyone else have any other suggestions? Or any advise to give me before getting some?

I have the Dali sway bars with the stock springs and shocks on my '91. The sway bars made an enormous difference in the stability of the car through tight and sweeping corners, but I am finding the spring and shock set-up to be a little weak. After all, it's a '91 with 80K on it.
I would like to lower the car no more than 1" but would like to maintain the street characteristics for daily driving. The sway bars are great, and didn't affect the cars' ride.
Let me know what you decide on and how it works.

Purevil,
I have been running the Dali Racing "Track" swaybars on my '94 along with Bilstein sport shocks and Eibach sport springs. The car sits about 1.3" lower and handles far better than stock. I spoke to one NSXr who went with the "Street" version Dali bars and regrets not going for the "Track". The ride tightened up alot but not at the sacrifice of everyday drivability. A good combination in all regards. The swaybars are an easy do-it-yourself install...I know you'll have some time on your hands soon with the cold weather setting in now! I recall seeing you post about either having or getting the WingsWest front air dam and side skirts. I run these on my car and find that I have ample clearance as long as I am careful going into and out of driveways/parking lots. As long as you drive with your head, this combo is no problem and looks awesome.

Thanks guys for the quick response.

My mind is made up. I'm going to go with the Dali Race Sway bars. I have my car lowered 1.5 inches, but I want it just slightly more like a .5 inch in front and .3 in back. But I'd like to get coilovers so I can tailor it to my tastes. I believe the Comptech ones have koni shocks that are threaded so you can adjust the suspension.

When I get them in teh spring and installed I'll post my opinions and pics. I can't get them now cuz the car is in storage, I'm not fortunate like SOME OF YOU GUYS who have great weather to drive you car all year round. YOU GUYS ARE BASTARDS!
smile.gif
I mean that in a good way. HAHAHA

That's okay, you can tell us all about how much a house costs in Minot. And about how much traffic you have to deal with.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by PUREVIL:

My mind is made up. I'm going to go with the Dali Race Sway bars. I have my car lowered 1.5 inches, but I want it just slightly more like a .5 inch in front and .3 in back. But I'd like to get coilovers so I can tailor it to my tastes. I believe the Comptech ones have koni shocks that are threaded so you can adjust the suspension.

You are correct about the koni's, they adjust to your preference. Call Bob at comptech and tell him Justin sent you, I owe him one. Let the car settle a day or two after installing the shocks. I was pissed when I did mine, looked stock initially, but it settled to the height you see in the picture gallery. Tell me about the Dali sway bar when you are done. I have been seriously considering one and when you get done with your suspension you should be able to give me a decent before / after.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by '98 NSX-T (edited 09 December 2000).]

Back