• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cold Air Intake

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had experience replacing the NSX cold air intake and air flow meter? Is there any recognizable performance improvement and or sound enhancement.

SLK 01

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AndyH said:
mostly sound :)

actually the Cantrell Intake when used with the uni-filter has had proven +hp figures. SOS has tested this setup and if im not mistaken, it gained almost 7hp and 4lbs of tq.... Check their website for the dyno sheets

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put my Cantrell intake on last week from SOS. I didn't notice the 7 HP really, but the louder growl at WOT is impressive. Installation was extremely easy and took about 90 minutes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a dumb question but....

On the website for the SOS Cantrell intake, it recommends against driving in heavy rain. Normally, I wouldn't even consider driving my NSX if it were raining. But...

1. What would happen if say I were traveling to another town and suddenly I got caught up in a heavy rainstorm? Will this cause some damage to my car if I continue to drive or would it be best for me to pull over and wait out the heavy rain?

Thanks.

Dan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just went away for the weekend and had to drive back in torrential rain for 2 hours and no problem.

rk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
docdan said:
...Will this cause some damage to my car...
Dan,

I think it is because the filter is open to the elements and may allow water into the intake. Small amounts of water won't hurt; but, larger amounts could cause serious damage.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone for the postings. Can someone please post installation instructions? How is the intake plumbing accessed?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
docdan said:
This may be a dumb question but....

On the website for the SOS Cantrell intake, it recommends against driving in heavy rain. Normally, I wouldn't even consider driving my NSX if it were raining. But...

1. What would happen if say I were traveling to another town and suddenly I got caught up in a heavy rainstorm? Will this cause some damage to my car if I continue to drive or would it be best for me to pull over and wait out the heavy rain?

Thanks.

Dan

Ive driven hours in torrential down pour and ive never had a problem. Just dont submerge your NSX. :biggrin:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cantrell AIS

Any experience with Cantrell AIS out there? I hear that the sound gets better but does it cause excessive noise in the cabin?

SLK 01

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so I am still considering the Cantrell AIS, but is this any better than just using a cone filter from Injen/K and N?

I just can't decide what to do. I can pickup an Injen or a Weapon R and it will be cheaper than the Cantrell, but is there really a difference.

Anyone out there try both? Thoughts?

I need some direction here people... HELP :eek:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already ordered my Cantrell from Chris and I should receive it this week. Simple question to ask yourself. Would you like to breath the air from inside the engine compartment or from the outside?

Injen, Weapon R, etc., all draw air from within the engine compartment. The temperature in that tiny place is super heated from the engine, exhaust manifold, etc. Cantrell draws air from the driver side external scoop through a streamlined airhorn. That alone sold me on the Cantrell. HP increase not withstanding.

Best Regards
Paul

PS: Why pay more to get hot air? Pay a little more to breath cool air. Your engine will thankyou.

Brocz said:
OK, so I am still considering the Cantrell AIS, but is this any better than just using a cone filter from Injen/K and N?

I just can't decide what to do. I can pickup an Injen or a Weapon R and it will be cheaper than the Cantrell, but is there really a difference.

Anyone out there try both? Thoughts?

I need some direction here people... HELP :eek:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I have read here most on the other air filter/inlet systems decrease performance with the exception of the Cantrell which increases it. I'm thinking about picking one up the next time Chris has a group buy.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed Cantrell intake and UNI filter from SoS on my '05. I love it! Easy install, sounds great and does make the car feel a little zippier.

I asked many questions on the forum regarding water intake prior to my upgrade, and have driven in heavy rain without any issues. As others have commented, just don't submerge the car in water.

:smile: