• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Color: Gunmetal or Mercury Silver - need your help

Which color best fits for silverstone with aggressive/mean looking?

• gunmetal color

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • mercury silver color

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • none of the above

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • whatever...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NRG

Experienced Member
I'm so confused. :(. Can you please help me? I can't make up my mind which color I want to get for my rims.

This is my requirements:

1) racing and mean looking color rim on a Silverstone paint
2) nothing flashy ( I hate all chrome look - no pimping)

What do you guys think? I need another point of view on the color to make my decision. For some reason, the third picture below on a mercury silver looks chrome. :( I love the second pic of the mercury silver though.

Please cast your vote....

Here's a pic of gunmetal:
29.jpg

Here's a pic of mercury silver:
2013007-L.jpg

Here's another pic of mercury silver:
attachment.php

I think the first picture is Mercury Silver and the bottom pic is the Chrome Silver(Not actually chrome, just light silver, like mine) I don't think they have the GT-U in "Gunmetal Silver" ??? I thought it was only Gold, Chrome Silver(light) and Mercury silver(a dark gunmetal) and black too?

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 635
Last edited:
Hi,

Here's a site that list Gunmetal color as an option:

http://store.finalstageauto.net/volkracinggtu.html

The first picture was stated as Gunmetal from the original owner. The bottom two was quoted as Mercury Silver from the owner.

91 X said:
I think the first picture is Mercury Silver and the bottom pic is the Chrome Silver(Not actually chrome, just light silver, like mine) I don't think they have the GT-U in "Gunmetal Silver" ??? I thought it was only Gold, Chrome Silver(light) and Mercury silver(a dark gunmetal)

Engel07 said:
Hi,

Here's a site that list Gunmetal color as an option:

http://store.finalstageauto.net/volkracinggtu.html

The first picture was stated as Gunmetal from the original owner. The bottom two was quoted as Mercury Silver from the owner.

I think the site just list them like that to make it easy for someone wondering what "Mercury Silver" is... dark gunmetal.

Call Ben, at wheels boutique...he'll hook you up....BTW, go with silver("Chrome Silver") I don't think the GT-U looks good in darker colors...

Last edited:
Gunmetal all the way! :biggrin: Here is pics of mine! Volk LE-28N otherwise known as CE-28N
7225IMG_1025-med.jpg

7225IMG_0595-med.jpg

7225IMG_0596-med.jpg

Last edited:
91 X said:
I think the first picture is Mercury Silver and the bottom pic is the Chrome Silver(Not actually chrome, just light silver, like mine) I don't think they have the GT-U in "Gunmetal Silver" ??? I thought it was only Gold, Chrome Silver(light) and Mercury silver(a dark gunmetal) and black too?

Nope, those wheels were Gunmetal.... very dark grey. I took that picture last summer at a Honda meet in Pasadena. It was bright out so the wheel looks a tad lighter in the pic, but they were gunmetal looking. IMO, Mercury Silver wheels looks almost exactly like Silver, just a hair darker, but no where as near dark as the Gunmetal color.

From talking to the owner of that S2000, he said he ordered those rims that color from Mackin, and said that they'll do almost any color that you want (that they would normally do on other rims of theirs) but those are custom order items.

RP-Motorsports said:
Rudeboy and awesomer1 what widths and offsets are you running?

The specs are as follow.

Front 18*7.5 w/43 offset, 225/35-18 S03 tires
Rear 19*9.5 w/36 offset, 275/30-19 S03 tires

Back