• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coming on the market soon.........

Frank Tuhy was a long time club member and NSX enthusiast who passed away in 2020 after a valiant battle against cancer. Before Frank passed he asked his wife Jan to contact me when she was ready to sell his beloved NSX.

That time is now.........

I am gathering up the information and hope to have some current photos when the listing goes live on Prime first but wanted to give everyone a heads up it will be coming on the market and I will be the intermediary to assist Jan as per Frank's wishes. And Mods - - - I realize this type of thread would have likely been deleted when I was the only Mod for over a decade but I am asking one favor now for all the time I volunteered for this site by letting this thread stay to get some attention.

A proper ad in compliance with forum rules ultimately will be posted when I have obtained sufficient backup but in the interim this is what will be hitting the marketplace soon:

1996 NSX purchased in 2000.

Mileage was 24,984 and Current mileage is 89,401 miles

New tires in 8/2018 at 87,500 miles (Yokohama)

AC belts and alternator changed in 8/2017

Timing belt and water pump changed in 8/2017

22 coolant hoses changed in 8/2017

On 11/28/2000, the front end was damaged by a pickup truck. Car fax states that the airbag deployed but it did not. Car was repaired and driven thereafter including attending many club events and car shows.

For those who did not have the pleasure of knowing Frank here is an article In Memorium from NSX Driver in December.

DCE7D31B-BD58-47A8-BA57-D55416C2D7CA.jpg

71EE63DD-0082-48FF-9D87-F52533A0485F.jpeg

Frank was a friend and one of the first people to welcome me into the NSX family. He was also a regular contributor on this forum. I've driven this car personally.

As such, there is no need to call in a favor, Bob. I'll let this one stay up. I hope one of our fellow Primates picks up this wonderful example of a well-cared-for NSX-T- it would be a shame for it to go to a flipper.

Frank was a friend and one of the first people to welcome me into the NSX family. He was also a regular contributor on this forum. I've driven this car personally.

As such, there is no need to call in a favor, Bob. I'll let this one stay up. I hope one of our fellow Primates picks up this wonderful example of a well-cared-for NSX-T- it would be a shame for it to go to a flipper.

On behalf of Jan, thank you for the courtesies and kind words.

You are doing it right your honor.....

Thanks for sharing, have a target price he was looking looking for ? Maybe sell it before it even lists ?

Thanks for sharing, have a target price he was looking looking for ? Maybe sell it before it even lists ?

It will be priced fairly for an enthusiast and hopefully not a flipper. I don’t want to suggest a price now because I was a Mod for over a decade and deleted threads deemed fishing for a sale or offer. I made everyone else abide by the rules so I don’t want to do anything that I didn’t permit.

And because I will be the intermediary for Frank’s widow I want to make sure I have sufficient information for a fair sale.

We owner

I assume the highest and best price would be the goal, but perhaps the family may have wishes for the car to live on with an enthusiasts as hinted above?

Obviously my main concern is to get a fair price for Jan but Frank loved his NSX and his extended NSX family so it would be extra special if the car’s new owner would be as big an enthusiast.

For a little more background on Frank and his enthusiasm for this car, here is his obituary:

https://gcfuneralhome.com/tribute/details/3444/Frank-Tuhy-Jr/obituary.html

I think the goal is to get the car into good hands so it can be cared and loved for, no matter the cost. So if you know anyone in such a situation, let them know!

Frank was a great guy. Sad to lose another Primate. Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Bob, you honor Frank with this post - and I bet his family is super appreciative of your efforts. To the point of pricing, you can always list it on the Marketplace and take bids that come in during period of time (i.e. review multiple offers including ease of transaction, etc.) On close date, you can accept the offer that best suits your seller's needs (mix between $$ and enthusiast.)

As to that accident, do you think you could get one of our esteemed NSX gurus to do a thorough inspection, including putting to rest any questions around that front-end accident? Questions equals lower pricing.

I will say this, that car looks gorgeous. I'd love to own a 1996 in the proper Magnum PI colors. ;)

The car will be available for a ppi for any potential buyer. Jan is looking for any records Frank kept. An MIT grad, Frank was also an excellent mechanic and this car was driven for 20 years after that accident without any issues (including at multiple Kids Days events at Watkins Glen). But I completely understand concerns about any accidents with our cars and will do my best to represent the car as completely as possible.

Maybe a certain retired person who has spent a few years:wink: looking at nsx's could give it a once over...

Maybe a certain retired person who has spent a few years:wink: looking at nsx's could give it a once over...

That was where I was going with it DocJohn...but wasn't sure that if that was considered yet. Either way, I think Bob will represent it in a first-class way.

I will look for the ad.

Frank was a true gentleman, was sad to hear of his passing.

UPDATE

Through a club member I was put in contact with an enthusiast/Honda collector in Michigan and 20 minutes ago the vehicle was loaded on a transporter and is on its way to a new home. Thank you to all who posted kind words about Frank. It was tough for Jan to watch it get loaded but at least I was able to comply with Frank’s wishes.

One final pic: Frank and Stella at Kids Day at Watkins Glen.

BAA1E55A-A9F7-40CB-B195-87B5B3961045.jpeg

UPDATE

Through a club member I was put in contact with an enthusiast/Honda collector in Michigan and 20 minutes ago the vehicle was loaded on a transporter and is on its way to a new home. Thank you to all who posted kind words about Frank. It was tough for Jan to watch it get loaded but at least I was able to comply with Frank’s wishes.

One final pic: Frank and Stella at Kids Day at Watkins Glen.

View attachment 169667

Great pic. Thanks for everything your honor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well done all, and I look forward to seeing the car in person sometime soon!

I will leave it to the new owner to introduce himself in due course. I have met him a number of times and he is a true Honda enthusiast. Frank's car will be in good hands.

Best,
Jeff

PS -- rather long absence for me -- was locked out of my account thanks to Honcho and Spencer for helping me "unlock" (hope it stays that way).

I will leave it to the new owner to introduce himself in due course. I have met him a number of times and he is a true Honda enthusiast. Frank's car will be in good hands.

Best,
Jeff

PS -- rather long absence for me -- was locked out of my account thanks to Honcho and Spencer for helping me "unlock" (hope it stays that way).

Glad to hear, thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back