• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comparison to Nissan GT-R

The bottom line IS the emotion. If we were all to make entirely rational decisions, we'd be driving base model Accords and Camry's.

If you enjoy your NSX a lot, that's all that should matter. Personally, the GT-R just isn't me in terms of the look and the image. I don't race people any longer and I don't drive my car on the track everyday so making sure I'm faster than the next guy isn't a big deal to me.

The NSX, though dated now, has a more sexy and exotic look. The GT-R is brute force performance brilliantly executed. The NSX was a Japanese exotic- probably the only car to come out of Japan that could be called an exotic.

An 02+ NSX-R gets me more excited than a GT-R- but that's just me.

Emotion is definitely a major factor on car purchasing. GTR is a nice car, and it is fast, but it does not feel as special for me. I enjoyed the little test run and it confirmed my thought of being a really nice car.

I think any NSXers who is willing to give up the X and step into a GTR will either love the car, or back into an X. NSX does have a special spot in most of our heart and perhaps it is one of the few cars out there that is actually GOOD.

To be honest, if I'm going to step into a GTR, and if a R34 is available, I would probably take that over an R35. I like the historical aspect of a car and R35 will definitely have a special spot in the automotive history. Than again, I wouldn't mind have a R35. Most of the time, new is better than old, at least in a None Honda term.

Regardless, it was a fun experience, even though I didn't push the car over 4500/5000RPM, I can tell Nissan did a great job making the car feel easy to drive, and then engine... felt great. Engine felt a lot more powerful than the NSX, and of course, torquier. For the price, there is nothing out there like it. It may not have the top speed of a C6Zo6, but it felt much more stable/confident during high speed turning, and the suspension felt more confident. The car I drove had after market suspension (I think), while not as stiff as my Type R suspension, it was very similar to my S2kCR. Perhaps the weight of the car did some thing to the way it felt.
Why couldn't you wind it out a little more? -Although the small turbos spool pretty quickly, you're just barely tickling the surface at that RPM. If you drove the black RHD car, it was stock suspension. You can't really tell too much of the cars character or the dynamics of its electronics until you push it to levels stupid on public roads. Until you reach that, the car dosn't really shine as much as it should as its capabilities are so high. You need to let the car stretch its legs...

Fun cars though:
IMG_5786.jpg

GT-R simply lacks the elegance and exotic feel to it.. I see it as simply more like an american "grunt" car 0-60. It does nothing for me. But different strokes, for different folks.

lol, GT-R (same car as in the US) is going to cost 155.000 USD here ..... wtf...lol

GT-R simply lacks the elegance and exotic feel to it.. I see it as simply more like an american "grunt" car 0-60. It does nothing for me. But different strokes, for different folks.

I agree 100%. I think the GT-R, while a seemingly nice car, is topped by the Audi R8. Sure, the R8 is not much faster than a NA2 NSX, but it has more of a supercar feel than the GT-R in my opinion.

Well My congrats goes out to Nissan. Like the NSX in 1990 the GTR is Reshaping the Sports car world. Honda did it with light weight and balance, Nissan did it with Brute power and AWD. I wouldn't mind if Honda let Nissan enjoy their victory, and take the next 4 - 5 years to design something all inspiring. Since the NSX/replacement is going to be a V10, make it mid engine the LeMans prototypes are hehehe. I hopefully by next summer will have my very own NSX and will get to join many of you in enjoying this wonderful sports car

Main deterrent for the GTR is the black box and limiter. I read the limiter is set at 112 mph, so I assume it disengages when it is only at a track. But I guess you'll get to 112 much faster. Either way, the GTR and NSX are nice cars. Both make awesome garage ornaments.

Well My congrats goes out to Nissan. Like the NSX in 1990 the GTR is Reshaping the Sports car world. Honda did it with light weight and balance, Nissan did it with Brute power and AWD. I wouldn't mind if Honda let Nissan enjoy their victory, and take the next 4 - 5 years to design something all inspiring. Since the NSX/replacement is going to be a V10, make it mid engine the LeMans prototypes are hehehe. I hopefully by next summer will have my very own NSX and will get to join many of you in enjoying this wonderful sports car
i agree...nothing will take my love away from the NSX and it will live on as an icon, but the torch has been passed. despite their differences in performance and engineering, the achievement and benchmark these two cars have established in their time have shaken up the status quo. if anything, these two cars have in common the status of redefining a supercar with philosophies that challenge the norm. who knows, im hoping the torch will pass back to Honda with a response, but toyota too could jump into bed if the supra ever came back.

no matter what, im working towards getting my first NSX in within a year's time and i'll be proud and smiling from ear to ear as i pull next to the GTR at the stoplight...

Well i can tell you this. Regardless of how we personally feel towards the new GTR, alot of the GTR guys definitely still love the NSX. On Apr 16th they are having a private event in downtown Atlanta and 200 people are invited to get a first glimpse of the new GTR. My boss has the first Super Silver on order in the Atlanta area and was invited my the owner of the local Nissan dealer to attend. Gave him two invitations and he invited me. The only catch was that we had to take my car to the event:biggrin: He LOVES NSX's. Anyway, alot of the guys who have them on order will be there and are having an after party gathering of some sort and he told them i'd be there with my car(talking to them on the skyline forum) and all were very much wanting to make sure i did bring it. Many had never seen one in person, but i know that's pretty common anyway.

I saw your car at that event. I was wondering whose car it was.

I'm giving up my NSX for a GT-R. Even though the GT-R out performs the NSX in every way, I know I'm going to miss my NSX.

but the torch has been passed.

personally I don't think the torch has been passed. Apples to oranges imo. Lets compare the new GT-R after 17 years and then see if it has the same appeal ? Its for 2 differences audiences as well. At the moment, the GT-R is not even close to resembling anything exotic. The GT-R just looks like another vehicle for the fast and furious crowd to get excited about.

nissan went in totally opposite direction with the gt-r than the nsx- make it easy to drive with minimal driver input and total computer control over driver input- even your grandma can drive that car fast. probably good for the average guy, for an enthusiast kinda a waste of time. besides, $95k for something that looks like a celica?

personally I don't think the torch has been passed. Apples to oranges imo. Lets compare the new GT-R after 17 years and then see if it has the same appeal ? Its for 2 differences audiences as well. At the moment, the GT-R is not even close to resembling anything exotic. The GT-R just looks like another vehicle for the fast and furious crowd to get excited about.

Hmm. I dunno. :tongue:

17 years...

Yeah, I definitely could see myself in a 1991 BNR32. Probably the one car I would get before an NSX were I given the opportunity...but we all know how that goes right? :cool:

Performance/technology wise I think it will be a great car. But I just don't get the same feeling that I get with my NSX. Also, is it true that for the first few years, people who purchase these cars new are not going to be paying the true msrp and have to pay an additional 20-30k in markup?

nissan went in totally opposite direction with the gt-r than the nsx- make it easy to drive with minimal driver input and total computer control over driver input- even your grandma can drive that car fast. probably good for the average guy, for an enthusiast kinda a waste of time. besides, $95k for something that looks like a celica?
I'm not sure where you're getting $95k from. I'm paying $72,540 + tax + destination. It will be under $80k out the door for the premium edition.

Performance/technology wise I think it will be a great car. But I just don't get the same feeling that I get with my NSX. Also, is it true that for the first few years, people who purchase these cars new are not going to be paying the true msrp and have to pay an additional 20-30k in markup?
I am paying msrp for mine. It's not worth it to me if I had to pay anything over msrp. But, I have heard stories of dealers charging anywhere from $5k to $20k over.

attachment.php

Attachments

• nsxgtr.jpg
    nsxgtr.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 327
I'm not sure where you're getting $95k from. I'm paying $72,540 + tax + destination. It will be under $80k out the door for the premium edition.

I am paying msrp for mine. It's not worth it to me if I had to pay anything over msrp. But, I have heard stories of dealers charging anywhere from $5k to $20k over.

OK, thanks for the clarification. When will yours be coming in? And what color combination did you get?

"I'm not sure where you're getting $95k from. I'm paying $72,540 + tax + destination. It will be under $80k out the door for the premium edition."

i guess it helps to read previous posts.

Has the release of the new GT-R increased the value of the old ones? I saw an older GT-R advertised with the a higher asking price of the new ones.

"I'm not sure where you're getting $95k from. I'm paying $72,540 + tax + destination. It will be under $80k out the door for the premium edition."

i guess it helps to read previous posts.

Where did you get that deal from??

All GTR dealers are charging insane markups. The best I've heard is 3k over MSRP, and my friend told me he wasn't even guaranteed that car. They will probably auction it to the highest bidder.

Please let me know which dealer you used and if you have a contract.

Let's face it, our precious NSX is approaching 20 years old with parts becoming more scares every day. At the rate I'm going, my car will have almost everything replaced or rebuilt due to age. I predict many owners will simply dump their precious NSX on the market once repair bills start piling up.

Waiting for an NSX replacement or paying a premium for an '05 NSX or GT-R doesn't make much sense to me either.

I'm leaning toward the R8 or used Gallardo (midengine, AWD, exotic, low/wide, hi tech) as a more logical replacment.

Last edited:
CAN I HAS GTR? =p

7:29 bone stock....... dear lord.

Back