• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech SC Alternator Question/Discussion

Mike,

In my research I seem to remember this company popping up on the Prelude forums. They shipped them with smaller pulleys to "up" the output amperage. My memory sucks but it's a popular trick for the car audio guys. Something to check on...

Hey Man, Thanks so much for watching out for me. Saw those while searching. I would like to replace the one from my kit before installing in a few weeks.

Did i just say a few weeks? FINALLY

Mike

I appreciate that man, Thanks

Ok, still looking this over and here is what i found. Not much technical info so this info is from the repair manuals per the load test.

OEM NSX @2000rpm approximately 82amp (from chart above)

OEM prelude @2000rpm
F22A1 - 55amp
H22A1 - 65amp
H23A1 - 60amp

These are numbers from the repair manual and are engine dependent. It must be noted that on the prelude the ECM controls the alternator output current as a function of improving mileage.

Another thing to consider is whether the prelude alternator when put into the nsx system is spinning faster or slower then originally designed.

Mike

Hi everyone I recently bought a used Whipple kit with out alternator I am installing a 180 AMP high output alternator. I am not planning on installing a stereo system on my car either. My question would there be any difference in parasitic load using a high output alternator?

Anybody have the p/n for the CTSC alternator?

The wiki

shows: 31100-PT3-A52 RM. Which comes back to an 89-1993 Accord CJP16, RM = remanufactured
states: "1992-1996 Honda Prelude. which is a 31100-P14-A02, CJP78

(I suspect either that either that vintage Accord or Prelude will work as they have the same form factor)

Last edited:
Anybody have the p/n for the CTSC alternator?

The wiki

shows: 31100-PT3-A52 RM. Which comes back to a 89+ Accord, RM = remanufactured
states: "1992 Honda Prelude.

(I suspect either that vintage Accord or Prelude will work as they have the same form factor)
I bought a 92-96 Prelude rewound (high amp) replacement. Worked great. Sorry, I didn't grab the part number

Back