• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech stainless headers & RSR cat-back exhaust.

MCM

Experienced Member
Would this raise an eyebrow at a Ca. smog station?
(Blow the visual)
Or has it been certified for Ca.?

Comptech stainless steel headers w/ RSR cat-back stainless
steel exhaust / 4 resonated tips.

Thanks! :smile:

Last edited:
I don't think you will have problem, I pass with Comptech header and Taitec lightweight exhaust. :biggrin:

HTH

As long as you have your cats in, you should be fine. I am not sure about most headers but I know for sure that the Comptech stainless headers are CARB approved. Just make sure you get the cats really hot right before you run the test.

The car I am buying has these headers installed.
But have the option to buy with or without.
Do these headers on this car really do all that much?
(Unlike an American V8)
Worth the xtra $$$$$?
Thanks

Added to say, car is mint, and am paying a solid price.
The xtra cost is probably fair, but is kind of a stretch.
Already went a bit more than "we" :redface: anticipated.
Someone please tell me a lie, no real seat of the pants
diference! LOL LOL

Last edited:
MCM said:
The car I am buying has these headers installed.
But have the option to buy with or without.
Do these headers on this car really do all that much?
Worth the xtra $$$$$?
Thanks

depends on how much extra the seller is asking for?

I am not exactly sure how many horsepower you will gain from the headers but it does depend upon your supporting mods. When I had the Comptech exhaust and K&N FIPK air filter, I ran a best of 13.6 at around 103mph. When I added the Comptech headers and put the stock airbox back with a Uni-filter and Cantrell AIS, I ran a best of 13.2 at 106mph. I am figuring that the header will probably add around 20 horsepower but without dyno testing, you will never know.
If he is asking $1,000 or less for the headers, I would suggest for you to pay the extra as the headers costs around $1,400 and the installation is usually around $200.

Back