• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Continental Extreme Contact Sport

It'll make more grip around 33psi so I'd do 33/33, especially if you're going to drive it hard on twisty roads where 36psi would quickly get you over 40psi.

Have been running the Conti's since April, and really enjoy the all seasons, sticky enough for my hard turns, though no track time, smooth, quiet, and one more really interesting feature. The black dust build up on the rear quarters and bumper is drastically reduced from anything we had on the car previously. Can't determine wear yet, but will do when we do the fall inspection and maintenance.

I put mine on (92' OEM wheels) in July of last year.

The warranty states: 6y/30k miles, half mileage for rear if different size than front.

That seems to be in line with my wear. I've probably put on about 18-20k since then and looking at my wear strips during my last alignment I'll likely replace the rears in the late spring, if not first thing as I've still got some driving days left in Oct.

Looks like the ECS 02 is the replacement for the ECS.

The ECS 15/16 sizes are on closeout at TireRack and are more expensive than the ECS02 model currently. The ECS02 still has the OEM sizes covered for the 15/16 NA1 wheels.

Full testing report from TireRack between the ECS and ECS02 below. They seem to be a small improvement over an already great tire so good news for us.

I just ordered a new set of ECS 02 for this summer in the OEM 15/16 size and I'll give a review once I have some miles on them.
I am finally putting some real miles on my ECS (16/17) and I think they're fantastic. Stiff sidewalls and good turn-in response. Tons of grip. Very confidence inspiring.

Back