• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Continental, ExtremeContact SPORT tire review -with Motec Data (MotoIQ) - Gen 1 sizes

Hey guys,

So I already posted this in the Gen 2 section because they offer Gen 2 sizes, but I wanted to post this under the Gen 1 tire section in case some of you don't drift over to the Gen 2 section (and why would you?)

-Continental's BRAND NEW ExtremeContact Sport is offered in OEM 15/16 NSX sizes (205/50-15 & 225/50-16)

-While the perfect OEM 16/17 sizes (215/45-16 & 245/40-17), the ECS comes in the 245/40-17 rear size and their 205/45-16 front has 8.1" section width and 7" tread width By comparison, the Bridgestone RE010's 215/45-16 has a 8.3" section width and 7.3" tread width. This 0.3" tread width difference does not overcome the RE010's far inferior tread compound and design, which is not as good in the wet, dry, comfort, track durability, etc... to the ECS.

In addition, I'm bugging Continental to make a 215/40-17 and 235/40-17 so stay tuned.

Check out MotoIQ.com's tire test of the brand new Continental ExtremeContact SPORT -which debut earlier this month:

“Same level dry performance as a Michelin Pilot Super Sport”. That is a HUGE statement by Continental when the PSS is hands down the segment leading benchmark. Continental is extremely proud of their brand new ExtremeContact™ Sport tire that was just released earlier this month as a replacement for their ExtremeContact™ DW tire. We logged nearly a thousand miles on the new Sport in both the wet and dry, and put it up against the outgoing DW in a back to back test at Palm Beach International Raceway to see if it lives up to Continental’s claims.

In the article:

-In-depth analysis of the new (from the ground up) ExtremeContact Sport.
-Street review in the dry and wet.
-Track Test at Palm Beach International Raceway.
-Motec Data overlays back to back testing the Sport with the outgoing DW.
-Subjective Handling reviews.
-Deciphering Continental's product lineup.

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/4456/TESTED-Continental-Tire-ExtremeContact-Sport.aspx

Enjoy

Billy,

Hopefully being a Champion of the "Continental Tire" series will carry some weight! LOL The 215/40/17 would be fantastic! Great article.

Billy mucho helpful as I'm nearing the end of my RE010s on my /94. Will look into the Contis. Thx!

Best,
Jeff

Here's another owner who would be interested in a 215/40 for my 17" fronts.

Any feedback on these yet from people that have put 2k miles on them?

I'm tired of the 200 treadwear tires howling like crazy after a few thousand miles.

My Kumho V720s are just a bit too loud for the street. Otherwise it's a great Summer tire.

Any feedback on these yet from people that have put 2k miles on them?

I'm tired of the 200 treadwear tires howling like crazy after a few thousand miles.

My Kumho V720s are just a bit too loud for the street. Otherwise it's a great Summer tire.
Not quite 2K miles, but they're still very quite and comfortable.

V720's are very noisy tires. The ECS is a 340 UTQG.

Last edited:
Hey Billy,
Is there any word on whether they will make these in a 215/40-17 for our NSXs with 17" front wheels and 18" rears? I would be very interested in this tire if they did,because I believe they make sizes like 265/35-18 for the rear.

Last edited:
Not quite 2K miles, but they're still very quite and comfortable.

V720's are very noisy tires. The ECS is a 340 UTQG.

What vehicle do you have them on? What tires did you have on it previously? Just trying to guage relative noise on the same vehicle to other sporty tires.... Thanks.

Hey Billy,
Is there any word on whether they will make these in a 215/40-17 for our NSXs with 17" front wheels and 18" rears? I would be very interested in this tire if they did,because I believe they make sizes like 265/35-18 for the rear.

+1. Definitely interested.

In addition, I'm bugging Continental to make a 215/40-17 and 235/40-17 so stay tuned.

Billy, I'd love these in 235/40-17, so that's my vote. Picking up a set of Falken RT615K+ to hold me over until you convince Conti to help us out...:wink:

Back