• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Continental, ExtremeContact SPORT tire review -with Motec Data (MotoIQ)

Checking back in here regarding the Conti Extreme Contact Sports recently installed on my /94 NSX. After running them a few hundred miles I've pushed the car a bit harder with tire pressures at 36/36 per Billy's advice. Feels much improved in front -- much less, if any, sidewall flex felt (although to be totally honest I'm afraid to push it to the point where things might get out of control on a public street) and rear feels planted. If I can get the car on the track for a HPDE I may get a better idea of how the Contis compare to the old RE010s closer to or at the limit (that is, if my memory kicks in). In any event, I am enjoying the car much more on the Contis as the ride has become much less harsh over our sh*t MI roads in comparison to the very stiff RE010s.

Billy thanks for posting your review and your advice. Much appreciated.

Best,
Jeff

Help me make the NSX-sized 215/40-17 and/or 235/40-17 ExtremeContact SPORT a reality.

-Whats tire size would you rather have? (215 or 235)?

-To help me sell Conti on making the tire by listing all OEM fitments that you can think of and/or what cars would also benefit from each tire. Currently all I can think of is:

215/40-17 - Front 1992 Toyota MR2, Front NSX
235/40-17 - Front NSX, Front & Rear E36 (325i to M3)

Whose interested? This will be the best all-around tire for the NSX BY FAR.

It's currently already available in oem:

205/50-15
225/50-16

215/45-16
245/40-17

255/40-17

If you run the above OEM sizes, this is my hands-down vote for everyone unless you need a DEDICATED track tire. It'll beat pretty much anything in the rain, rides great and quiet, and will hold up to track use very well.

Last edited:
both for me too.the 17 sizes...

Definitely 215, which I suspect most of us relatively stock 17/18 people like me will want. I will buy (as stated earlier in thread, a year ago) if you actually make this happen, as I know I will be needing a new set of tires this season. Thank you for your effort! Meantime, I'll be Googling for other applications with the rest of those interested, too....

PS is the rear 18" NSX-friendly size available?

Definitely 215, which I suspect most of us relatively stock 17/18 people like me will want. I will buy (as stated earlier in thread, a year ago) if you actually make this happen, as I know I will be needing a new set of tires this season. Thank you for your effort! Meantime, I'll be Googling for other applications with the rest of those interested, too....

PS is the rear 18" NSX-friendly size available?
The E36 is a big market for 234/40-17. I need to know who else runs that and 215 to help sell them on justifying making it. If you want 225 bad, help me find applications!

As far as 18" rears, there's a ton: 265/35, 265/40, 275/35, 275/40, 285/30, 295/35

For 18/19 they have 215, 225, 235/40-18s and a bunch of 19" rear options.

Aftermarket uses.

215/40-17:

-NSX
-MR2
-RSX
-Miata
-Fiesta ST
-Honda Prelude
-Fiat Abarth

235/40-17:
-NSX
-MR2
-RSX
-Miata
-S2000
-E36 chassis
-EVO
-WRX
-SRT Neon
-G35
-FT86/BRZ
-Civic 8th Gen
-Audi B5 platform -S4
-S13/S14

I guess look at cars with OEM 17x7-17x9" OEM wheels to find more applications. It's looking hard to justify the 215 size.

Last edited:
2004-2009 Kia Spectra and Spectra5 had this tire size OEM
Nissan S13, also.

Multiple aftermarket reports as you list above.

That’s what I found in an hour of Googling so far. Will keep looking.

I think in general prime has lost a lot of traffic to SM....

Always on the hunt for a better performing tire. Thanks for putting forth the effort in trying to keep our options open.

I’d be interested if these come in 18/19 sizes. The PSS are still too wide in a 225.

they make a 215/40-18 and a 225/40-18 so you should already be good.
I need 215/35/18 and 265/275/30/19. I currently run the PSS in 225/35/18 and 265/30/19 and freaking love them except for the fronts kicking up debris into the outer fender due to being wider and taller.

I need 215/35/18 and 265/275/30/19. I currently run the PSS in 225/35/18 and 265/30/19 and freaking love them except for the fronts kicking up debris into the outer fender due to being wider and taller.
It sounds like that may be a wheel offset issue, not a tire size issue. 215/35 will be very skinny on the sidewall. It's like wheel ding city... If that's a size you want it seems there are already tires available in that size.

Gents,

To make a business case for this Billy has to put together compelling enough demand proposition. I think we all have our perfect sizes in mind but in the interest of the bigger group we may have to compromise with 235/40r17 as a global compromise. I think 215/40 is just too niche but it's would be perfect for the majority of us I think.

To me, it seems the only size that has a remote chance of being brought to market is the 235.

As I asked on the FB owner’s group.....would I need to remove fender liners or roll my fenders to make a 235/40-17 work in the front? I’ve got stock springs and Bilsteins on lower perch. If so, that size is a no-go.

I hate to say it, but I may have to bite the bullet and go 18-19 to have decent tire choices for my NSX. Bummer!

Very interested...I just don't think we'll get the preferred 17/18 combo most of us are looking for...

Gents,

To make a business case for this Billy has to put together compelling enough demand proposition. I think we all have our perfect sizes in mind but in the interest of the bigger group we may have to compromise with 235/40r17 as a global compromise. I think 215/40 is just too niche but it's would be perfect for the majority of us I think.

To me, it seems the only size that has a remote chance of being brought to market is the 235.

Bumping this thread to introduce it to some new eyes.

Bumping this thread to introduce it to some new eyes.

Also bumping because I just purchase a brand new set of 4 (15/16) on eBay via Discount Tire Direct for $331.

That’s $100 less than Tire Rack.

Thank you Billy and DocJohn for your thoughtful insights!

Also bumping because I just purchase a brand new set of 4 (15/16) on eBay via Discount Tire Direct for $331.

That’s $100 less than Tire Rack.

Thank you Billy and DocJohn for your thoughtful insights!
Please follow up and share your impressions after a few hundred miles.

I needed new rears and just put a set of these on. Like them so far. 270/30/19. More sidewall than my last set. If it ever stops raining I'll get some miles on them.

I'm going to get a set in the OEM 16/17 sizes for my S Zero project car and would be interested in the 17/17 OEM sizes if I decide to get another set of 02+ rims

Back