• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Conversion: '02 Targa to COUPE Type-R JH4NA21632T000186

Re: Conversion: '02 Targa to COUPE Type-R (56k warning)

Hi.
I am looking for a used roof panel - have you sold yours?
By the way, great looking car you have!
Björn

great narrative...

Gonna cut/paste details & re-host pics to post here, for posterity's sake (as it was such a special project)...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...rs_Trucks&hash=item336fa138df#ht_39068wt_1167

2002 Acura NSX TYPE-RR
2002 ACURA HONDA NSX COUPE TYPE RR CUSTOM RECREATION JDM

Item number: 220916168927
Item Location: Ft Myers, FL, United States
VIN: JH4NA21632T000186
Mileage: 11,967 miles

Dec-16-11 19:04:29 PST
Starting Price: US $10,000.00
Price: US $145,000.00

FMCCAUTO, Inc., 2323 Bruner Ln Suite C, Ft Myers, FL 33912
Tel: +1 (239) 245-7805 ~ Fax: +1 (239) 362-2106

2002 NSX TYPE-R
BUILT FROM ACTUAL NSX-R PARTS FROM JAPAN...
EVERYTHING DOWN TO THE LAST SUSPENSION BOLT..

WOW, I dont know where to start.. This is the outcome of someone who is a fanatic to detail, tons of patience , and has just pure love for the NSX class.. Not to mention THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS (175,000) AND YEARS YEARS OF MAN HOURS SPENT..

We are lucky and honored to have been able to drive, own , and appreciate this car..

This is a 2002 acura NSX-T that has been completely rebuilt from the ground up to be a Nsx Type-R.. Clone comes to mind when you think of this car, but its entirely more than that..

The build of this car spanned over seven years..

EXTERIOR

The first thing that was done to this NSX TYPE-R was to turn this targa into a real 100% coupe.. After almost one year of waiting for the original parts to come from Japan and the painfully slow precise process of removing the targa components and welding and measuring every square inch of the roof the coupe was born..

After that, the fenders were removed of the small turn signals.. Once again this thread is on Nsx Prime, I will email upon request.. The turn signal holes where filled with the exact aluminum that the car was originally built with and slowly tig welded into place.. Then refinished in the Type-R paint that is used in the model from Japan..

Next the lights were disassembled the inside covers were repainted in Type-R white as well.. Next the vented hood was aligned and then refinished...

There is a thread on NSX prime that shows the whole process.. I will email upon request.. just ask..

INTERIOR

Next the interior was completely replaced with the authentic and correct Nsx Type-R interior.. The interior was once again imported from Japan.. Every bolt, every screw, every panel, every knob, every piece of carpet imported from Japan.. Original nomex Type-R interior.. Fully powered, with carbon Kevlar frames.. absolutely beautiful..Also in the pictures notice the door sills.. They are without numbers! Straight from the factory!! In our description in the pictures, you will see the dash cluster.. It was pain sneakingly taken apart and replaced with all the Type-R type dials and gauge faces..

I CANNOT STRESS TO YOU THE DETAIL AND PATIENCES THAT WENT INTO THE BUILD OF THIS CAR.. PLEASE TAKE NOTE IN THE PICTURES THAT IT LOOKS FLAWLESS.. THIS NOT EASY TO ACCOMPLISH.. KEEP IN MIND IT TAKES A MINIMUM OF ABOUT TWO MONTHS JUST TO GET A PART IMPORTED FROM JAPAN..

MOTOR

OK.. Im still getting more and more details of the motor build... The platform of the original 3.2 was scrapped.. The new 3.0 motor was introduced.. The 3.0 motor was completely reworked into a 3.8 liter stroker.. Reinforced water journals were added and new pistons rods and bearings were added.. The heads were rebuilt cams added and a new stand alone AEM programmable computer was added.. All new gaskets.. All new mounts..All new head bolts.. the list goes on and on.. After that..It was dropped back in this work of art... DC headers, free flowing cats, DC exhaust, and a carbon Kevlar intake was installed.. THEN..... Hours and hours of tuning with the stand alone AEM computer commenced...

TRANSMISSION

Short throw shifter.. Authentic Type-R shift knob... is your command post for this masterpiece... The transmission was taken down.. Rebuilt.. A very expensive OS Giken 4.4 TRUE limited slip differential was installed.. Talk about putting every ounce of horse power to the road with complete control.. This transmission is smooth and completely effortless to drive..

SUSPENSION

The old suspension was scrapped.. The Type-R suspension imported from japan was installed.. beefer sway bars larger control arms made out of lighter materials.. Everything that a Type-R would have was replaced in this car.. Tein coil overs with height and dampening were installed.. Coupled with the transmission, this car feels incredible..

COSMETICS

There are tons of minute cosmetic bits a pieces that would be standard in a Type-R that were added to the 2002 targa.. Please under stand that this car was built to the exact specifications of a Type-R.. For instance, look at the glass stamp it says Honda.. There not made by Honda in the U.S... Notice the interior dash cluster.. picture perfect R dash..

Thanks for viewing our 2002 Acura NSX TYPE-R with only 11,967 miles!!! It's the TYPE-R color combination of bright White with red interior! I have gone over this car several times to find any flaws, no matter how minute.. I cant find anything worth reporting!! Please look at the pictures and see for yourself.. If your looking for a car to add to your collection this is the to one..

WE TAKE TRADES ~ call Kenji 239-229-7954 or email

THE PREVIOUS OWNER was a NON-SMOKER and there are NO BAD ODORS.

Buy with confidence ... This car HAS A CLEAN AUTOCHECK HISTORY

HZNa4.jpg

You never know when someone will hit BUY IT NOW!

7HW3o.jpg

OX3sK.jpg

PerLN.jpg

ttrq9.jpg

vfqEt.jpg

tbE1h.jpg

WUVdG.jpg

yWhM0.jpg

BZoYk.jpg

qNtjB.jpg

LRPR6.jpg

XbIvE.jpg

2ESBH.jpg

DMyM6.jpg

3Fvhk.jpg

GQf9A.jpg

IOx1A.jpg

cQukh.jpg

B6pR8.jpg

vD4HJ.jpg

tQloO.jpg

Mi93o.jpg

IaOma.jpg

hfDSb.jpg

v9ax8.jpg

tQloO.jpg

oBN4t.jpg

sf2GQ.jpg

ISEr2.jpg

IQSgj.jpg

2Xxx0.jpg

Lq80g.jpg

c6ybX.jpg

u6txm.jpg

TBGUV.jpg

GcYgW.jpg

EBNuz.jpg

NcCKe.jpg

dj02d.jpg

ShZH8.jpg

nVrM7.jpg

EjPxW.jpg

vHtk5.jpg

HEdUF.jpg

G0sz2.jpg

t7e7U.jpg

UBWpL.jpg

krgxJ.jpg

BXveL.jpg

8qrId.jpg

gqQZ3.jpg

6jWPo.jpg

2vohF.jpg

WV4oG.jpg

t95FB.jpg

TEzY8.jpg

Cn6O6.jpg

XkoT8.jpg

6tGUV.jpg

G9Zs0.jpg

Thanks for viewing our 2002 Acura NSX TYPE-R with only 11,967 miles!!! It's the TYPE-R color combination of bright White with red interior! I have gone over this car several times to find any flaws, no matter how minute.. I cant find anything worth reporting!! Please look at the pictures and see for yourself.. If your looking for a car to add to your collection this is the to one..

PNVlN.jpg

If you like what you see... DON'T HESITATE...

Call Kenji on 239-229-7954

Last edited:

He got a few of the details wrong....

"The old suspension was scrapped.. The Type-R suspension imported from japan was installed.. beefer sway bars larger control arms made out of lighter materials.. Everything that a Type-R would have was replaced in this car.. Tein coil overs with height and dampening were installed.."

Has JRZ RS dampers with Hypercoil springs... not TEIN. :confused:

"For instance, look at the glass stamp it says Honda.. There not made by Honda in the U.S..."

Ah... mine says Honda too on the glass. :)

And what's with the "larger control arms made out of lighter materials"? :confused:

And I'm pretty sure that it has the RacingBrake "oversized" bracket and slotted/drilled rotors.

Also, missing a Type R duct for the radiator - hood.

Last edited:

145,000 LOL

for 145,000 I will give you my 4 NSX's
1 clean title 1992 120K+ miles Mint 6-speed. with navi. full 02+ upgrade
1 rebuilt 2004 19K miles Mint 6-speed.
1 rebuilt 2002 56K miles 6-speed soon to be mint.
1 2003 parts car
all 3 Full up todate service tb/wp etc.
and all my spare parts 20K worth

serious offers only please....

Last edited:

Love this car.
Also surprised its back up for sale again.

Still wish they would have painted it the actual championship white after doing all that work, though.

145,000 LOL

for 145,000 I will give you my 4 NSX's
1 clean title 1992 120K+ miles Mint 6-speed. with navi. full 02+ upgrade
1 rebuilt 2004 19K miles Mint 6-speed.
1 rebuilt 2002 56K miles 6-speed soon to be mint.
1 2003 parts car
all 3 Full up todate service tb/wp etc.
and all my spare parts 20K worth

serious offers only please....

Right!

Sorry, while the car is amazing, and I'd love to own it, paying that much for it is beyond me.

All due respect, but it should be sold to someone who will hold on to it and appreciate it. I'm afraid if it sells again it will become passed along to trinket collectors.

its a beauty; but imho only someone filthy, filthy rich could afford to buy that car. that car is at least 100,000k over the average sale price of an nsx in north America today.

Right!

Sorry, while the car is amazing, and I'd love to own it, paying that much for it is beyond me.

All due respect, but it should be sold to someone who will hold on to it and appreciate it. I'm afraid if it sells again it will become passed along to trinket collectors.

That car is worth its asking price, just because you disagree with it doesn't mean its not worth it.

This car has basically the best that you can buy for the NSX.

Owners that can afford anything that spared no expense....so yes its worth the asking price and its for the people that know about the what the car has got on it and how it got to the way it is sitting today.

Congrats to whoever picks up this car.....most likely a collector.

That car is worth its asking price, just because you disagree with it doesn't mean its not worth it.

This car has basically the best that you can buy for the NSX.

Owners that can afford anything that spared no expense....so yes its worth the asking price and its for the people that know about the what the car has got on it and how it got to the way it is sitting today.

Congrats to whoever picks up this car.....most likely a collector.

I agree, this car is worth the asking price.

He got a few of the details wrong....

There are more than what you have listed.
I see close to a dozen things that are incorrect even if Honda had made a left hand drive NSX-R.

It is a great looking car. A extremely well done job from what can be seen from the descriptions and photographs. I admire the vision and execution of this re-creation. The original owner and people who did this project really deserve respect for the fine job.

I would love to be able to buy a real NSX-R and it's a shame they did not offer one here in the U.S. though I understand why they did not.

For me, I would not not be interested in this car unless it was 33k or less but you only need one person to buy a car and I would not be surprised if they got what the asking price is.

For my money the car was more desirable as it was before this work was done.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I wonder what ever happened to this car?

Sorry to bump an old thread but I wonder what ever happened to this car?

Seriously! It's not like it's one of a thousand cars. It has disappeared, last cited (possibly) in South Florida. Six months ago I thought I had tracked it down to an owner in Florida. Dead end. I've been thinking about finding it and ... umh well, you know.

Once a serialNSXer always a serialNSXer.

Seriously! It's not like it's one of a thousand cars. It has disappeared, last cited (possibly) in South Florida. Six months ago I thought I had tracked it down to an owner in Florida. Dead end. I've been thinking about finding it and ... umh well, you know.

Once a serialNSXer always a serialNSXer.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Glad to see you're still alive, lol. Thought all that Goose turned the liver into swiss cheese. Hope all is well old friend.

Glad to see you're still alive, lol. Thought all that Goose turned the liver into swiss cheese. Hope all is well old friend.

Grey Goose has served many purposes ..... one of those purposes being used as embalming fluid .....

Still alive and although much slower than before also as healthy...... By slower I mean no more go fast and traded the three NSX letters for two letters... RV

Armando,

FOUND it!

Carfax shows my previous NSX-R (re-creation) was serviced last year at Eisinger Honda, Kalispell, MT. Anyone close to this area, or seen the white car around? Thankfully someone seems to be driving it at least a thousand miles a year. Good to know. If anyone knows the service manager at Honda, or even the current owner of the vehicle, please PM me.

serialNSXer (anil)

08/23/2019
eisingerhonda.com
19,410 Eisinger Honda Kalispell, MT
Vehicle serviced
- Maintenance inspection completed - Oil and filter changed
- Battery replaced
- Battery/charging system checked

Back