• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coolant Gauge Got Hot Momentarily...

Ok now all this makes more sense. Your installing the JB4 resulted in an air bubble which caused the water temp to increase which facilitated the pipe and poorly installed hose. They were the weak link in your situation. Given you told them that you did the install probably led them to believe you somehow messed with the pipe. What should have happened is that the pipe and labor was a warranty issue while the flush and initial diagnostic was your dime. Probably not worth the effort but you could go back to Acura. Better yet wait for a repair in the future where you can ask them to good will it.

Last edited:
If it’s likely your actions caused the problem, you bite the bullet. I managed to brick a computer on our six-week-old Odyssey in a way that totally should not be Honda’s warranty problem (not defect in design or materials or etc). Could have played dumb, sent the mechanics on a wild goose chase, and likely ended up with a free warranty repair. But I was honest and gave details. Week or two later (computer took time to get) I was on the road again with a working car…and a clean conscience. Respect the OP’s frankness about the situation when taking in his NSX. 👍

Back