• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Correct cans found for the OEM cup holder

If you've noticed that the factory cup holders appear to be designed by the summer intern and should be called cup spillers, you've probably also seen the owner's manual dictum that they are only to be used while the NSX is stationary. How useful.

I've found the cans that fit perfectly in the cup holder and won't spill. They claim that the calories are reduced by 66% compared to regular soda cans. (BTW, working on fixing it.)

Attachments

• Can1.jpg
    Can1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 228
  • Can2.jpg
    Can2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
I went with the Davis Design ones too because they seemed like a great solution. However, they are difficult to use as a driver because you can't see them. Placing a bottle in blind and missing slightly can cause the arms to fold down.

I went with the Davis Design ones too because they seemed like a great solution. However, they are difficult to use as a driver because you can't see them. Placing a bottle in blind and missing slightly can cause the arms to fold down.

Try pushing one of the upper "arms" all the way to one side, as I believe this locks them open so they can't accidentally fold.

lol I wedge drinks between comptech harness bar and seat...:tongue:

Just an update, we went on a spirited drive this morning and the Davis Design dual cupholders worked great.

I locked the arms on one cupholder open, and after only a few tries was able to place and retrieve my 12oz soda can without even looking.

Last edited:
I put my drinks between my legs. I like to live dangerously. LOL. Seriously, I have the old Z-toolman (correct name?) cupholder and it seems to work fine. However, I don't use it it for spirited drives.

Best,
Jeff

JK on the cans. :) Wife wouldn't go for any holders in her leg area, so here's my 3D printed design that fits in the stock cup holder and exceeds 1 g with no problem.
It folds easily so you can close the cover and the forward arm rest still works. I printed the middle in red so people could understand the articulation, but I'd print it all in black. (95+ models only)
It only holds 12 oz cans like the OEM. I'll probably make another in the future to hold her monster car coffee cup.
card_preview_PXL_20210514_172930993-min.jpg
card_preview_PXL_20210514_203757956-min.jpg

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...-fits-in-the-Stock-Location-but-doesn-t-spill

And, $250 less than the OEM Acura one. :)

Back