• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

correctness of Bose amplifier door wiring

need clarification/confirmation about correctness of Bose amplifier door wiring. Bought my car ('91 NA1) without OEM head and amplifiers, the wiring on the central console were modified for an amplified WV Golf Pink Floyd radio/CD player.Amplifiers have been jumped, speakers directly wired.
I have restore the original central console wiring for an OEM head, restored the wiring inside the doors speaker cases. I need confirmation of the correcteness of the wiring of the plug from door to speaker case (4 pin plug) and the correctness of the plug on amplifier. Is it correct the sequence of wire,from left (picture left): Black (ground),Green (+ speaker),red (- speaker),orange (power supply) ,Yellow (signal) ,Violet (signal)? thanks.
Schermata 2020-03-27 alle 18.50.52.jpgSchermata 2020-03-27 alle 18.50.30.jpg

For the brown 4 pin connector on the door wiring harness

White - audio signal +
Orange - audio signal -
Yellow/red - 12 v power
Black - ground

I think your wire function assignment below is 'mostly correct'

Black (ground),Green (+ speaker),red (- speaker),orange (power supply) ,Yellow (signal) ,Violet (signal)

I think red is speaker + and green is speaker -. However, it has been 2-3 years since I took my amps apart to check the capacitors so I am not 100% certain about this. The door amplifier will work if the speaker connections are reversed, its just that the phasing of the sound from the left and right doors will be out of phase. On a high fidelity stereo in your living room incorrect phasing can be noticeable. In an NSX driving at >100 km/hr, probably not noticeable.

Last edited:
For the brown 4 pin connector on the door wiring harness

White - audio signal +
Orange - audio signal -
Yellow/red - 12 v power
Black - ground

I think your wire function assignment below is 'mostly correct'

I think red is speaker + and green is speaker -. However, it has been 2-3 years since I took my amps apart to check the capacitors so I am not 100% certain about this. The door amplifier will work if the speaker connections are reversed, its just that the phasing of the sound from the left and right doors will be out of phase. On a high fidelity stereo in your living room incorrect phasing can be noticeable. In an NSX driving at >100 km/hr, probably not noticeable.

thanks, installed new amps and head, everything working now

I haven't a test bench for radio, for test the amplifiers I use an MP3 player as signal source and connect it directly to the amps 4 pin plug. directly connected to the battery for the 12 Volt supply

Schermata 2020-04-01 alle 00.41.20.jpg

Back