• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Corvette roof separation

Uh, my tranny never exploded.

LoL, it's ok. He's just defending his C6 that he sold his nsx for.

Oh and my tranny never exploded. Actually has ANYONE here ever hear or witness a nsx tranny EXPLODE? Never heard of that but I have seen a C6 with it's roof peeled off, lol.

My aftermarket CF hood's mesh insert failed when I hosed the car off with cool water, after it sat running in the sun. Not only was the expansion/contraction enough to cause all the plastic screws/nuts to fail at once (I'm guessing the reason), but the silicone used to glue the mesh to the aluminum frame failed as well.

Best of all, the aftermarket aluminum billet radiator brackets must expand as well, because the plastic grommet (?) that holds the hood stay bar in place fell out of the bracket's hole, and the hood fell on the bar chipping the hood's edge.

This happened to my brother's 07 Z06 and obviously he wasn't very happy!

He was driving along and all of a sudden a lot of wind noise flooded the car, he drove straight to the dealers and got out of the car and then saw his roof! Shocked was an understatement.

Luckily there had been no cars behind him that day or there could have been a serious accident.

They fixed it of course with an 08 roof and many apologies. At a Corvette club do an exec from GM in America (we're in Dubai) came up to him to apologise once again as well.

Oh well... he still loves the car though!

Back