• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Couple of pics with my wife's new Canon...

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

I think I need to learn how to use this thing better..it's a Canon Rebel XTI..I may return it to get the XSI instead, didnt realize this current one does not have live view...

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures of a beautiful car! love your Rio Yellow!
what lens did she use with her Rebel, prime or zoom, what ISO settings, F stop, shutter speeds?

id return it and get a nikon d80

my .02

supra2nv said:
I think I need to learn how to use this thing better..it's a Canon Rebel XTI..I may return it to get the XSI instead, didnt realize this current one does not have live view...

I don't think you need to return the camera at all. If those are pictures you took with the camera right out of the box you did a great job. I haven't seen the new dslr's with the live view screens, but why do you ned one?

Beautiful car btw. :smile:

it always comes down to Nikon and Canon for the digital SLR's. you can't go wrong with either. I love Nikon and have all Nikon stuff for non digital SLR but when I decided to go digital and found that I would have to get new lenses to take advantage of autofocus and image stabilizers, I chose Canon because of lenses.
It's always the LENS that makes the difference.
Rebel XT is a great value and they can handle some of the better lenses. If you get into it, you can always upgrade your body.
If you look at sports events, you'll see the white telephoto lenses used by the professionals. that was a genius marketing move by Canon. the white lenses are mostly their "L" series lenses and they are very special. The black lenses are Nikon.

I hope you didn't actually drive the car anywhere to take these pics. That would increase your milage. I was a little worried but on second look it looks like they were taken just outside the driveway. That's reverse first and then forward so I think it should equal zero miles added. Nice job. :wink:

Canon XTI
Lens: EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Image Stabilizer

Settings used? I have no idea...took the thing out of the box, turned it on, and snapped the pics lol.

If it were up to me, I would buy Nikon. Since the camera is for my wife, Canon has an easier to use menu....hence why I went the Canon route.

I have only had this for 2 days now, so I can exchange it for the XSI, wish I bought that one to begin with since it has the live view...

I hope you didn't actually drive the car anywhere to take these pics. That would increase your milage. I was a little worried but on second look it looks like they were taken just outside the driveway. That's reverse first and then forward so I think it should equal zero miles added. Nice job. :wink:

lol...I am using the car more trust me:) took her for a 30 mile sprint yeserday after I took the pics...cars are meant to be driven!

Canon XTI
Settings used? I have no idea...took the thing out of the box, turned it on, and snapped the pics lol.

These were your settings:

Date Modified 2006-06-01 00:16:38
Date Taken 2006-06-01 00:16:38
Camera Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
Exposure Time 0.0031s (1/320)
Aperture f/14.0
ISO 400
Focal Length 34mm (54.4mm in 35mm)

p.s. you should set the date/time

lol...I am using the car more trust me:) took her for a 30 mile sprint yeserday after I took the pics...cars are meant to be driven!

Did you pull a Ferris Bueller and jack her up, Put her in Reverse with a piece of wood to hold the pedal, with the intentions of rewinding the 30 miles. LOL j/k Love the yellow.

gil

Did you pull a Ferris Bueller and jack her up, Put her in Reverse with a piece of wood to hold the pedal, with the intentions of rewinding the 30 miles.

BINGO!!!

Yet another let down. I was expecting a hot wife standing next to a big cannon.:frown: .......................................:tongue:

it always comes down to Nikon and Canon for the digital SLR's. you can't go wrong with either. I love Nikon and have all Nikon stuff for non digital SLR but when I decided to go digital and found that I would have to get new lenses to take advantage of autofocus and image stabilizers, I chose Canon because of lenses.
It's always the LENS that makes the difference.
Rebel XT is a great value and they can handle some of the better lenses. If you get into it, you can always upgrade your body.
If you look at sports events, you'll see the white telephoto lenses used by the professionals. that was a genius marketing move by Canon. the white lenses are mostly their "L" series lenses and they are very special. The black lenses are Nikon.

Not all L series lens are white but you can be sure that a canon lens except for a few EFS lens will work on all bodies unlike Nikon

Once I got used to my digital rebel I never missed having a battery sucking lcd viewfinder. With the real viewfinder you can actually tell your picture is in focus. Once you get used to it you won't care.

ONLY 30 miles OMG! hahaha - you are worse than me!

You really need to lower that car.....I can't believe you left it all stock :)

If you want the ultimte SLR, get the Canon 40D, I know the camera is beyond my capabilities but I learn more each time I use it.

rk

Back