• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Couple of questions...

Hey all. Looking to get an NSX soon... wanted to bounce a couple of questions off someone. First of all I know that NSX's have factory traction control systems. Is it possible to totally remove this system? I wouldn't want to do the emergency brake disable meathod every time I went to drive the car.

Is it possible to run same diameter wheels in the front and in the rear? Will the traction control system freak out if you did put lets say 18's on the front and in the back? What if the TCS is disabled? The reason why Im so interested is because I have an aftermarket TCS (Racelogic) that is much better than any stock TCS. I'm not really a fan of 17/18 combo's. I prefer to have 18's all around.

Next question. What kind of headlights are used on the NSX's? I have a Philips HID kit from my last car (300ZX TT) that I was planning on putting on my next car and was wondering if it'd work on the NSX.

Hopefully I'll be in a position within a month to start looking for a BLACK NSX soon.

Thanks

First of all I know that NSX's have factory traction control systems. Is it possible to totally remove this system?

Yes. Of course, the switch on the dashboard is another way of going.

I wouldn't want to do the emergency brake disable meathod every time I went to drive the car.

That disables ABS, not the traction control.

Is it possible to run same diameter wheels in the front and in the rear?

Yes, if you choose tire sizes with an outer diameter in the same front-to-rear ratio as the stock sizes.

Will the traction control system freak out if you did put lets say 18's on the front and in the back?

Let me guess - you haven't looked in the FAQ yet, right? So you don't know about keeping the ratio of the outer diameters within 5 percent of stock?
biggrin.gif

BTW, there isn't much selection of tires for 18" front wheels with a low enough profile to fit on the NSX. Folks have had better success using 17" wheels all around, or 17" front and 18" rear.

What kind of headlights are used on the NSX's?

9005 high beam and 9006 low beam.

I have a Philips HID kit from my last car (300ZX TT) that I was planning on putting on my next car and was wondering if it'd work on the NSX.

The challenges of installing HID's are sealing the cap at the rear of the housing, and fitting the HID hardware into the limited amount of space. There are some HID kits designed for the NSX that are a better solution than trying to gerryrig another car's HID headlights in, but you're welcome to try.

You can simply turn off the TCS with the touch of a button...You don't have to use the brake method. Yes, you can put 18's al around but stay within 3-5% of factory settings. There is no benefit from 18's all around. The reason the NSX has smaller fronts is that a smaller/lighter wheel will corner better. Mid-engine layout allows this. If you want to retain the amazing handling characteristics of the NSX, follow suit from the factory and go with an 18/17 setup if you desire larger than stock. By the way, the 15/16 or 16/17 factory setups will give you the best handling although the 17/18 does look much better.

------------------
Todd Arnold
NSXotic.gif

http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Back