• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cracked coolant tank, coolant leaked onto hoses

In 2014, I had all 23 coolant hoses replaced, as well as the plastic coolant tank. The coolant tank started leaking again because I've removed my rear glass tint just before covid (it will be re tinted this week). With the engine cover off & no rear tints, I'm wondering if coolant that would have leaked onto the hoses while driving in the hot sun would deteriorate those hoses? Should I replace the smaller & bigger hoses right around my new aluminum coolant tank to be safe?

The diagrams are hard to tell which exact ones should be replaced.

I think I must be missing something in the question. You are talking about coolant leaking from the expansion tank onto the external surface of the coolant hoses? If so, I would not worry. The coolant is rubber friendly.

I think I must be missing something in the question. You are talking about coolant leaking from the expansion tank onto the external surface of the coolant hoses? If so, I would not worry. The coolant is rubber friendly.

Thanks. I was worried the coolant would hurt/destroy the rubber hoses.

You should consider the JDM rubber protective cover for the coolant tank if you're not running an engine cover or a window tint.

You should consider the JDM rubber protective cover for the coolant tank if you're not running an engine cover or a window tint.

I actually had a tint of the rear window but removed it earlier this year. It was re tinted last week & I put in an aluminum coolant tank as well.

Back