• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cruise Control AM button options

Hi All

There has been a bit of discussion on the various options for CC when replacing the OEM steering wheel and what buttons are out there.
So i was wondering what others had done for their setups.
I have just bought a leather Sparco L360 Ring (330mm) and the Sparco button adapter kit and i think the wheel is great but the buttons are tacky, yes i am going to lose the airbag this is not a conversation about that, or which wheel is better.
31wHB06j59L._SX300_.jpg

they look ugly whether you put them on top or below the centre of the wheel and they are not going on my car.

something like this option for the buttons(not the wheel)is nicer but does not have the hole for the horn in the centre
41xNtXFuV7L._SX300_.jpg
$T2eC16NHJGIE9nnWpUTeBQ+v!zLb!g~~60_12.JPG

So could you drill holes in the wheel i have without loosing any strength in my wheel?, the manufacturers do not offer both options it's either one or the other, does anyone have a source for cool buttons that this mod could be done to an aftermarket wheel.

There is the Pro-car option which is far superior to the Sparco but it still is an add on and not cheap although awesome quality. The black buttons have a class look to them, i may yet do this.
photo-10792-39f5b530.jpg

Sudesh did a fantastic job on this setup but it's not me http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/138223-Cruise-Control-Mod?highlight=Sudesh but i do love his work.

This is on SOS's website i know the hub is not correct for the NSX it's more what they have done for the buttons
quarter_left_hi_land.jpg

So any other options out there?
Any links to any buttons which would look good. Touch capacitive buttons would be nice like on a smart phone.
Would it weaken the wheel doing the above, the holes cant be that big the manufacturers dont look like they reinforce it anywhere?

Cheers

Cam

Last edited:
The Procar is from Detlef in Germany, the other one is just a Sparco kit you can get from any Sparco dealer i have one but when i had a good look at it i just left it in the packaging and thought there must be a better option out there maybe....

Back