• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Crystal View Headlight Restoration

Folks,

Performed a search and couldn't find a post on this topic... nor much of a good independent post on Google, so here it goes.

I recently purchased a used Honda Pilot with 104k miles on it. It is in excellent mechanical condition with paperwork for the past 30k miles. The exterior needed some TLC so I took it to a car detailer to get the exterior cleaned up and a full interior detail. If it was just my daily hooptie, I wouldn't take it through all the trouble but since it will be my wife's primary vehicle, I wanted it to look presentable.

Anyways, it appeared that this vehicle had it's share of outdoor time (ie: not garaged) and there were some definite oxidation and pitting on the headlight assembly. After doing some research to see how much it would cost to replace the headlight external assembly ($175-$200 each!) I decided to give this product a try.

Crystal View Headlight Restoration

The instructions and video results looked promising enough and for $25 shipped, I thought it was worth a try.

From opening the product, getting the needed supplies and following each step of the instructions, it took 35 minutes of time to complete. The pictures speak for themselves. The headlight brightness isn't all that brighter since the the original oxidation wasn't too bad, but from an aesthetic point of view, it is a 90-95% solution (new being 100%).

From a works as advertised standpoint I give it a 9.5/10.
From a value standpoint I give it a 9/10.

In summary, a very worthwhile product for an older vehicle with oxidized/pitted headlights.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Happy Holidays and cheers,

Attachments

• Pilot Detail1.jpg
    Pilot Detail1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Pilot Detail2.jpg
    Pilot Detail2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Pilot Detail3.jpg
    Pilot Detail3.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Pilot Detail4.jpg