• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC rpm gauge REv Pause --- Belt Smell?

I have 92 with lo boost CTSC AutoRotor, 6 k miles 18 month install on SC. I notice that when I crank it and rev it a lil ....the rpm gauge will freeze at the rpm I rev to and stay..... for a couple secs at that rpm or until I give it a lil more gas to move...it....Is this normal for a boosted car.....It may have been doing it forever, but i was trying to calibrate my GTECH pro RPM gauge and noticed...

Belt --- I assume...

When I drive agressive and stay High in RPM range--over 6k and hit the throttle....I smell a strange smell....Smells like someone just struck a match or how the air smells after you shoot a gun or after a fireworks show....

IS this my belt slipping or is this normal...

Re: CTSC rpm gauge REv Pause --- Belt Smell???

I would not say that is normal behavior. No RPM sticking or weird burning belt smells at high RPMs. Get it checked out...

will do....The Install was done in a company that went out of Biz 600 miles away....so I am searching for a place that knows the car and SC.....Dealer last resort....

will do....The Install was done in a company that went out of Biz 600 miles away....so I am searching for a place that knows the car and SC.....Dealer last resort....

We are not that far away here in Nashville. If you dont mind driving up one day (weekends are cool too), then I highly recommend Barney. He is one of the best NSX mechanics on this side of the country. And he knows the CTSC setup as good as anyone....except Shad of course.

Let me know if you are interested, and I will toss you his primary contact number. Not to mention, you cant beat his pricing neither :biggrin:

Nathan

We are not that far away here in Nashville. If you dont mind driving up one day (weekends are cool too), then I highly recommend Barney. He is one of the best NSX mechanics on this side of the country. And he knows the CTSC setup as good as anyone....except Shad of course.

Let me know if you are interested, and I will toss you his primary contact number. Not to mention, you cant beat his pricing neither :biggrin:

Nathan

please pm the info

Back