• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Current MR2 owner, prospective NSX buyer =]

Hey everyone,

My name is mike from Jersey. I been trolling on the forums for about a week or so now, trying to find out all the information i can about the NSX. I hope to buy one after I deploy or score an overseas contracting job.

I currently own a 91 MR2 with a built. Frankenstein motor, (5S Block / 3S Head).

I love the car but, I think its time for me to move up. Even though I havent even been inside an NSX yet lmao, something about it just keeps calling me.

Figured I'd just say wassup. Heres a few pics of my deuce.

-Mike

Not the best looking MR2 .. but its fun!

I too, am Mike from NJ! (although I go by Michael) Welcome to Prime :biggrin:

I was a 91 MR2 owner also. Mine was bone stock and automatic. I moved from an MR2 to a NSX. Trust me you wont be disappointed thats for sure. I wish you the best of luck with your search. One more thing Im loving the subaru in the one picture. Im looking to buy one of those as a second car. Do you have any idea if this person might want to sell her????

I owned a 1993, modified it to nearly 300hp flywheel hp....
then found a stock used NSX with about the same hp and the funny thing
is that is is soooo much more a sophisticated car that can be extensively modified. Unbelievably, the NSX weighs only about 100 pounds more than an MR2.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

@SaleenS7Rs - Ha i don't think that guy will ever give the car up. I'm sure money talks though lol.

@The Kid - Your not the far from me, suprised I haven't spotted your NSX atleast once. =(

@bruce91nsx - Well my mr2 with a retune should make about high 400whp on 93oct. But as long as I've had the car, there wasn't a month that went by that the car wasn't down for some reason. Too much hassle for no reason. The mr2 to me just seems like a shell with a motor. Nothing about it says "hop in" anymore haha.

Hondas out here in NJ get a bad rep because of the Civic fanboys. The NSX is seems to be the jewel of something different though.

Welcome.

I still have a '91 Turbo that's serving track-rat duty at the moment. It's stock motor with just a few suspension goodies.

Driving the NSX felt kinda familiar from the start, all the noise coming from behind you, and good visibility and such. It's just a lot smoother (engine runs smoother, rides smoother, controls work smoother) and more sophisticated from both a literal and figurative standpoint.

The MR2 is still a fun car to me, but I definitely feel the NSX was a step or two up the ladder.

Hondas out here in NJ get a bad rep because of the Civic fanboys. The NSX is seems to be the jewel of something different though.

Funny, I used to live in Long Island until recently. I was driving down Old Country Road in my NSX one day and passed a parking lot where there was some sort of Civic/Prelude ricer meet going on. One of them saw/heard me coming, started pointing frantically, and about 10 of them there lined up on the roadside and started bowing down. So, I guess the NSX is the jewel of the ricer crowd too. :D

Funny, I used to live in Long Island until recently. I was driving down Old Country Road in my NSX one day and passed a parking lot where there was some sort of Civic/Prelude ricer meet going on. One of them saw/heard me coming, started pointing frantically, and about 10 of them there lined up on the roadside and started bowing down. So, I guess the NSX is the jewel of the ricer crowd too. :D

I've had similar experiences from both ends.

NSX is like some sort of car-rosetta stone. I've been at Italian/Euro meets and it gets respect or at least a curious "neat car" nod. I've also been at import meets, where it ranges from mild enthusiasm to burnt sacrifices. The only place I've ever gotten blank stares was a hot rod cruise in...but even then the few folks that didn't just call it a funny looking Corvette and walk off seemed pretty interested about the engine being in the "wrong place".

Welcome!

I've owned a couple MR2's. I bought my first in 1996 (1991 NA) and then again in 2002, I purchased a 1991 Turbo. I've been on MR2OC.com way before the new vBulletin board replaced the old "messageboard" threads.

Here was my first MR2 before I sold it (this is a 4x6 photo scan)

MR2-Scan1.jpg

Another long time MR2 owner here. Stock 1993 SMG Turbo with 52k original miles. Just bought a super clean 1991 NSX with 18k miles from Prime member. I love my MR2 but NSX is just freaking awesome:biggrin:

Back