• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Current Nsx's for sale.Why arent they selling?

Hi.I am a recent member and have been watching some Nsx's that have been for sale (usually 91 to 95's) that have been for sale for a while with no price changes(Ontario, Quebec)and was just curious why?Wife and i are just getting our feet wet in this market(1.5 yrs)and have only lately started a more serious investigation.Perhaps you have noticed some of the same vehicles?Just throwing it out there.Thanks

I would say most listings have been looked at many times. Chances are they all have been discussed on this forum confirm to be "headache", "problem" or "overpriced". Hence taking longer to sell.

Sellers will always hope to maximize the sell and most buyers are savy enough to do homework before spending on potential money pit. A clean/well care for example will not come cheap but they less likely to have major issues. I also find some prices are out of range but seller has the right to set their price. Most are not in a rush and will continue to enjoy while they wait for the right buyer.

Good thing is that there are plenty of cars in the market but solid homework is a must and finding a clean car is not easy. You don't want a money pit with these cars. Or at least pay less for a fix-a-up project.

Best of luck on your search.

Thanks im sure this has been beaten to death before but there are at least a couple that have been for sale for at least a year and a half.Looks nice in the photos and we talked about going down east to look and get a idea about price vs condition/mileage etc.Tough to tell from photos as,"Mint"means different things to different folks.Thanks for the input.

The best quote to keep in mind when shopping for an NSX is...

The cheapest NSX is the most expensive one to own"...Sean B.

Having posted that... the good NSX's are picked-up very quickly anything that been on the market year over year, probably have issues and should be avoided.

Please post some details as to what you would consider your ideal car and the price range you have in mind.

Bram

Looking for a 3.2 litre standard.Personally like 2002 and newer(60 to 70 grand is a stretch) but would be more than happy with a 98 and pop ups.Prefer stock.Blue,red,silver,black,yellow,white in that order of colour preference.(Tan interior)30 to 40 thousand.I realize that there are a few newer ones in that 40 to 50 range however with so few locally its hard to put a price on condition without actually seeing the cars in person.45 might sound like allot but if it is in nice shape after seeing some others it may make sense in the long run.Nothing that has been in a accident.Have made a couple of local contacts(Through west side acura)and hope to meet some locals this summer to see their rides/prices condition etc.I hope this helps and answers some of your questions.

The blue on tan combo is hard one to find in Canada whether it is a canadian or US car. 30-40k also limits your option for a good clean 97-01 not to mention premium you will likely pay for the rare color combo. A 40-45k budget maybe more realistic. You will need to expand your options for US cars for sure. The other color you may have better luck in the 37-40k range.

Like Bram said, I would avoid most of 1.5 year old listings. They are not selling for good reasons.

Im picking up what your putting down.Maybe will have to wait for another yr for a extra 20 to put me in the 60 range to get what im looking for.Like you said not much in Canada(for sale)in the range i was talking about .Thanks for your input.Back to work.

You are seeing a very normal market for NSXs.
Consider what you're seeing normal - and keep looking.
I second any suggestion to look in the USA.

I guarantee some Canadian domestic cars sell, and quickly.

As stated before, anything that has remained on the market has done so for very good reason, while real clean cars go quickly.

The reason I didn't look in the USA too seriously was the investment of time and money. I figured each car would eat up a weekend and at least $1,000 of real expenses, so for the cost very few trips you could take an actual vacation you wanted.

That being said, good things DO come to those who wait and my 5 year ordeal just came to fruition last week.

Keep in mind the car isn't going to find you. When I was looking for mine. I found a few that I liked. The one with all the records for the past 20years just happened to be the one that was on the other side of the country. I got as much info as I could over the phone, flew out to California and drove her home.

A car in worse shape in Ontario would have costed 6-8 grand more.

That is why there are a lot of Canadian cars for sale that don't move.

Mine was nice, clean and well maintained. I put it up for sale at a reasonable price. Then a few here tried to beat me up on price, without looking at the car. An Acura dealer ended up taking it for what I asked.

Good cars do move fast, to buyers willing to pay for it.

Ray

Mine was nice, clean and well maintained. I put it up for sale at a reasonable price. Then a few here tried to beat me up on price, without looking at the car. An Acura dealer ended up taking it for what I asked.

Ray

That is a great topic to broach, us enthusiasts are the toughest critics around. We know what proper maintenance is, and know what the cost of deferred maintenance is.

Just because we are enthusiasts, doesn't mean every owner is. When you find the right one, you'll know.

Last edited:

Ray

Everyone's definition of "reasonable" and "fair" is different, but if you had it for sale for a long time and weren't getting offers close to asking then I'd argue that your price wasn't reflective of market conditions. I assume the Acura dealer took your car as a trade on something else, and I'm sure they padded their pockets somehow--after all, it's not as if they're going to take a loss on the deal.

I try to avoid dealing with dealerships when buying or selling used cars. The more middle men are involved, the more costly the transaction tends to be normally.

For the right car/deal im in.I really want to get together at a meet in Edmonton to talk to some local owners to hear of their ordeals/tribulations and cost for what they got in return to get a better idea of what range i will be looking at.Will stay in tune with this site for upcoming events.I think that might be a good place to start.Not to mention any time spent next to a nsx is time well spent.

It's too bad you weren't in the market late last year as my 1991 was sold to a buyer in Quebec.

Originally a California car, I imported it and decided to get back into the Porsche game. The car only had 40k miles, black/black combo, brand new timing belt, waterpump, etc. and I feel I sold it too low at $32k :frown:. The NSXCA's very own NSXFactorytech told me he hasn't seen a cleaner car in ages so its all about timing.

I'm not saying people like yourself don't understand but the NSX market in Canada is soooo small and like everyone is saying, good cars sell quickly. If I were in your shoes I'd watch the NSX Prime listings for a few months, continue to watch your budget and be prepared to get some inspected in the U.S. That's where most often than not you'll see deals and be looking in a wider pool of choice.

If you're keen on Blue NSX's then you are starting to look at the 97 thru 05 range and upper 30's to mid 40's at least.

Good luck!

30's and 40's aren't that scary.Its the 50's and 60's and up that are.Like i said might just have to wait another year to put me in the right price frame.Can finance but cash is king.Seen some nice low milage 2003 to 2005 but at a premium.May have to go that way.For now research and prime seem to be providing some insight.I can wait.

The problem is too many Canadian owners still have 2000-2005 pricing stuck in their heads. The currency exchange has shifted significantly. Nobody in their right mind is going to pay a $10K premium just for a speedo in KM/H.

A properly priced car will sell within days. People still asking $35K for an average condition 91 are living in the past.

I like the way you think but it seems that in Canada it is a premium plus a premium.There is a 02 for 70 plus and i cant believe its even advertised at that price.However if someone is rich/stupid enough to pay it giver i guess.I would make an offer on some cars however it is so far out of reality that it would be an insult.Not lowball be real.However if it sells for that good on you,if it doesn't and you sell for whatever you missed me by,"high balling"months before and could have had cash in hand with no BS.I will be buying in the US and importing based on market in Canada.I posted "why are cars not selling" a while back and basically it was problem cars or unrealistic expectations on the side of the sellers.Their right as they own them and don't want to give them up.If people stop buying i guess that will change.Until then i will watch and when the right car comes along we will make it ours.If prices continue to go up with no reality as to what,"pristine/showroom"means........i will hold out.The money will be in my account and not in someones garage.

Just checked Autotrader this morning and there are 14 listed for sale of which 2 I believe are scams. That brings the total down to 12. Not many compared to Porsche/Corvette. Etc. Having just recently bought an NSX and put over 3,000 miles on it I feel once more people discover this wonderful car availability in Canada will drop substantially. I am amazed that for a 20+ yr old car everything works. Value for money nothing compares. But as other posters have said condition is everything.

Last edited:
I agree!

The great cars go unnoticed for 25 years!

AMC Eagle, now thats a sweet ride!

;)

But value for the money is not one of the NSXs selling points IMO.

Last edited:
For 50-60k there are lots of alternatives like certain Porsches or even Ferrari 355's, Lotus's etc.

Forgive an.y of my assumption in regards to NSX pricing

Last edited:
I looked (with intention to buy) for about 3 years....until I stumbled on the one I now have. I set out my conditions that it had to be, and stuck to them...made a few trips south to check out a few that turned out to be "not as asdvertised" but when the one showed up that met all criteria other than slightly outside of my original budget, I had to move on it very quickly. I ended up getting mileage in range I wanted, color, condition, model and year, one owner, and all maint, done with records. It was worth it for me, since I haven't spent anything on it, other than my own upgrades. (which is addictive and expensive)

Bottom line, don't rule out going to the states to buy....prime members are located just about everywhere, and most are more than happy to go see the proposed purchase, take lots of pics and drive it. Then report back to you. If the seller is legit, then this will not be an issue...the process to bring back is very simple and straightforward.

Only problem with having an NSX in Manitoba is it only gets driven about 5 months of year. I guess that is really only a problem for me, not the car....lol.

You can call me anytime for a rip in my 91.
Allan Jack has his mint Red 91 for sale.
I would buy that in a sec if I was looking for one.
He polishes the suspension......
780-953-1744
We haven't been meeting up in Edmonton like we use to.
Things have fallen apart.
Trev

are there any pictures/details of this red 91?

thanks in advance. :)

You can call me anytime for a rip in my 91.
Allan Jack has his mint Red 91 for sale.
I would buy that in a sec if I was looking for one.
He polishes the suspension......
780-953-1744
We haven't been meeting up in Edmonton like we use to.
Things have fallen apart.
Trev

Back